No announcement yet.

CenTex drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was checking on some land in NE TX and watched several guys baling hays. It’s all sandy loam soil in that area. Sure hope saturating rain returns before fall.

Comment

I have game cam pics with 115 degrees on the photos in McCulloch County and the camera is in the shade. Drove thru the Llano area and it really looked like a crunchy tinder box. Our Central Texas Rivers look like little wet weather creeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        They removed the chances for rain in Fburg/Llano yesterday and this morning they're back Thursday - Monday. Really hope it happens.

Texas turning into a dessert.
        Shhh! Don’t speak about the rain. It is like a no hitter, if you speak about it, it goes away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          Was on two big ranches in Laredo yesterday and this morning. One had 1/2” and the other had 4 1/2” since January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yep it’s bad dry in STX also, we could use some rain bad in Catarina right now

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	HJbWvruj-277969551.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	24548086

Parts of the hill country getting some much needed rain.

Comment

Radar is a beautiful sight this morning I hope it delivers more than the forecast was calling for.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                Radar is a beautiful sight this morning I hope it delivers more than the forecast was calling for.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                Looks like we got some in Llano yesterday (evening) and sure hope what is heading there now makes it. I stopped calling my neighbors to confirm rainfall as I always was disappointed. Man, it is powder keg dry out there.

Comment

I went to our lease in Atascosa county last weekend. One pond is completely dry and the other is a 4" deep mud puddle. Grass is completely dead. The only thing green is mesquites and cactus. We need rain bad but there is no activity in the tropics and very little predicted any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                    They removed the chances for rain in Fburg/Llano yesterday and this morning they're back Thursday - Monday. Really hope it happens.

Texas turning into a dessert.
                    Turning into??? lol, always been a desert, just worse management of properties the last 200 years leading to to many trees sucking up massive amounts of water. Removing Mesquite and cedar and limiting live oak cover and working with more native grasses will do more for you tanks than anything.

On place we spent the coin and REALLY put a hurt on the cedar. Need to do more, we will get there but it is a constant battle. It is AMAZING how much more more water we have now than b4. Our creeks will flow for WEEKS after rain that most ppl don't think will even get them going

Comment

Have family in Gatesville, some with property I used to hunt. They are dry and thinking about selling cattle. Saw a storm brewing up there on Intellicast this morning but it looks like they are just catching the southern edge. Hope you folk to the north and west of there are getting some benefits. Praying for rain for the whole state soon.

Comment

How will this affect hunting ?

Comment

Lometa was over an inch this morning with more coming the weekend.............

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                            My place in Cisco in Eastland is worse than the 2011 drought. Two of my three tanks are dry. I’ve only mowed around the house 1 time all spring and summer! Everything coming out of the ground is dead or distressed.

My lease is just south of Cisco and only two tanks are holding water right now , And they are large tanks the two huge ones are down by 3/4 in depth .

The grass is brown almost no green .. Looks like maybe a bit of rain there today but not sure , game cam pics does not look like it

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                              How will this affect hunting ?
                              Who cares. It helps the ranchers and all animals and live stock. Long way to go till season still. Lots of ranchers are hurting bad.

Comment

Got pounded last night in Harker Heights. Hopefully Gatesville got some.

Comment

Working...
                                X