Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

I’m back at it.

Not as hot as yesterday but kinda lonely. I miss white rock lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Legdog; 07-31-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      What cassettes are you guys running on your road bikes? I need an upgrade. I was riding with some other older guys and I noticed most of them were running a 28 as their biggest cog. I think my lowest gear is only a 21. (!?) I have Dura-Ace components but they are very old. I assume a new Shimano cassette would be compatible?
      Shimano 105 11-28, 10 speed and I'm a semi-old guy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bakin7005; 07-31-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
        It’s not letting me add to cart. What am I doing wrong?
        From your pm...I think you have it figured out. If not, let me know.

Comment

What cassettes are you guys running on your road bikes? I need an upgrade. I was riding with some other older guys and I noticed most of them were running a 28 as their biggest cog. I think my lowest gear is only a 21. (!?) I have Dura-Ace components but they are very old. I assume a new Shimano cassette would be compatible?
          I run older Dura-ace, 9 speed.
          12/25 cassette.

Up front is a 53/42.

42/25 will climb hills that dump trucks spill concrete out the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Need some advice on bike shops in San Antonio. I currently ride a Giant 29er and was finally getting back in the saddle. A few days back I went out and got a flat. fortunately, I was not to far from home.

Now for the help: I was fixing the flat back tire and noticed that a spoke on the front rim is broken. I have never seen this happen. I figure I can replace it myself if I can get a part. A more significant issue is that my disc brakes and all of the hardware around it is starting to show rust. Not sure how this happened since I never ride in the rain and have not had the bike in standing water. Any ideas on how I can combat the rust?? Any good shops in the San Antonio area??
            My Go to shop is Pedal Power Sports in San Marcos. Great folks to work with. They are a Giant dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
              How my day ended abruptly yesterday morning on a planned dirty Fondo..

1.5 laps in banged a big rock and shifted two gears into derailleur Chaos..I had to bend the hanger to get it out of the wheel/spokes so it would at least roll.
              Oh dang!! That sucks!! However, that is what a Derailleur hanger is for!!!

Comment

I run an Ultegra 9spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                  http://shop.texasbowhunter.com/

I have the top and bib shorts loaded in the store. I will take orders through next week, then turn the order in. From that point, it will take "up to" 2 weeks to get them.

Let me know if you have any questions!
                  Attached is a sizing link, if anybody needs it.

Design your custom cycling apparel today! Delivered in 2 Weeks or less. Customized cycling jerseys. Custom bike jerseys

Comment

Oh yeah!!!
                    That rear pivot better be strong. The angle of that rear shock makes me cringe a little.

Comment

If any of you were having trouble ordering, please try again. I made an adjustment to the order form that should fix it.

I'll leave the ordering up through Sunday and turn it over to Jakroo first thing Monday morning.

Don't slack!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        That rear pivot better be strong. The angle of that rear shock makes me cringe a little.
                        Zero issues bro, you will get a chance or two to see it from behind next spring

Comment

Zero issues bro, you will get a chance or two to see it from behind next spring
                          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            Shimano 105 11-28, 10 speed and I'm a semi-old guy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                            Took my bike into the shop yesterday - they are installing a 11-28. I think my legs will appreciate the extra teeth on the steeper hills. My cardio fitness is still pretty good so I can still spin, but at age 62 I am finding it difficult to maintain the muscle mass to grind like I once could.

Comment

Took my bike into the shop yesterday - they are installing a 11-28. I think my legs will appreciate the extra teeth on the steeper hills. My cardio fitness is still pretty good so I can still spin, but at age 62 I am finding it difficult to maintain the muscle mass to grind like I once could.
                              Do you monitor your heart rate? yesterday I did 23 miles and I was at 163 at second half of the ride. I was pushing pretty hard. I'm 55. I wonder if thats too much. I felt winded but not like I was gonna die.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                                Do you monitor your heart rate? yesterday I did 23 miles and I was at 163 at second half of the ride. I was pushing pretty hard. I'm 55. I wonder if thats too much. I felt winded but not like I was gonna die.
                                Using the old 220 minus your age method to compute maximum heart rate, at 163 you were close to red-lining. Pretty good that you could hold it at that level for that long. I need to look into getting another monitor. I had a 1st generation Polar back when I was a serious runner and I believe it helped me a lot..

Comment

Working...
                                X