No announcement yet.

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I polished off the last drink from a bottle of Dalwhinnie and bottle of Dalmore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Havalon View Post
      Makers and Knob is all you need, brother.
      And a single cab two wheel drive coffin beige Chevy with a V6, right?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        I have a bottle of Laphroaig Islay 10yr aged Scotch I got as a gift I’ll be trying soon. Has Great reviews. Anyone here have or tried it before?
        That’s the smokiest scotch I know of. Also has flavors of sea salt and can be medicinal. Personally, it’s one of my favorites. Big and huge flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          Tonight I polished off the last drink from a bottle of Dalwhinnie and bottle of Dalmore.

And a 17 year old Balvenie Double Wood.

I have been playing with Bourbon a bit, but keep coming home to Scotch.

Comment

Scotch has gotten expensive. I usually shop the sales and purchase when I find a good deal. I've tried lots of them, like them all. I just can't drink $50+ bottles of single malt on a regular basis, it just goes too fast. I typically stick to blends for a regular/daily (not really daily) drink. I typically buy Dewars 12, Dewars white label, or JW Black when I find it around $50 for a 1.75. I also like Scotch and soda sometimes so I definitely don't waste single malt on that. As far as bourbon goes, I'm a fan, but I like it with Coke Zero. I'm not a big fan of bourbon neat.

Comment

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

This is decent for $20 scotch. Anyone try the CostCo brand Texas Spirit?
              Last edited by Hammerdown15; 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

had some balvenie 21 port wood last weekend and it was way too smooth

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
                  Last night was a "boxcar" evening. Not scotch but it goes down really well. As for what's on the bar right now, Macallen Double Cask takes top honors. Need to make a restocking run and get another bottle of Balcones, single malt Texas whisky. Butter smooth with a hint of sherry.

Comment

Lagavulin 16
                    Aberlour 18

Two of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                      And a single cab two wheel drive coffin beige Chevy with a V6, right?

Dude... dont be hate'n on my spare truck!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always been a Glenfiddich fan. Usually the 15 or 18. I've had the 30 on several occasions at scotch tastings, and it is by far my favorite, but I can't afford to buy a bottle. I did win one at an auction several years ago....but I digress. Just got back from my first trip to Scotland, and yes, I drove up to Duftown and took a 2 hour tour of the Glenfiddich distillery. Awesome! We had a tasting at the end with some very good scotches. Ended up bringing home a bottle of Glenfiddich Project XX. Very smooth!

I'm also a fan of Balvenie (part of the Glenfiddich family, which I didn't know until last week), Oban, The Macallan (used to be part of Glenfiddich)......Oh hell, I like 'em all!!

As for the blends, Johnny, Dewars, Pigs Nose, Sheep Dip, Grants....again, I like 'em all.

The scotch in Scotland was awesome, and the Guiness in Ireland was incredible.

Comment

Been drinking the Glen Moray Single Malt sherry cask, 12 year I think. Really enjoy it for the price. Is there any way to get edumacated on the various tastes and varieties, without dropping hundreds of dollars on booze you might not like? I’m new to the scotch thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            Been drinking the Glen Moray Single Malt sherry cask, 12 year I think. Really enjoy it for the price. Is there any way to get edumacated on the various tastes and varieties, without dropping hundreds of dollars on booze you might not like? I’m new to the scotch thing.
                            Come to McFarlands pub in Lake Charles. Happy hour Scotch and Whiskey flights are like 6 bucks. 4 shots per flight. Can try all kinds of whiskey and scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                              All the old men always tell me if I drink long enough eventually I’ll get to scotch. Apparently I’m not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'm 28 and there... single malt preferably but a few blends somtimes

My go to bottle is Highland Park 12... I love their older offerings but can't afford them often.

My favorite blend is probably Monkey Shoulder. It is SWEET compared to what I normally drink, it is a great scotch to start ppl on.

I like SOME smoke, which is why I like the highland park. I have tried a lot though. Highlights include, Craggienmore is good, Mcallen 18 I like mcallen 12 is ok, not nearly as much dried fruit notes as the 18. In canada you can't get age statment Mcallen any more, so I tried the "Amber" it is TERRIBLE DO NOT GET IT. Idk what they did, but they are screwing those poor canadians...

I am no longer allowed to buy Ardbeg (the smokiest whiskey I have ever had, yes smokier than Oban and Lagavulan). My wife says I smell like it for two days after I drink it... i'm ok with that its too smoky for my taste

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                                Best way I have found is to get a bunch of buddies and have a scotch party... might be cool for a TBH meet up.

But everybody brings a different bottle of scotch. Put them all on a table, and do TASTINGS! not drinks TASTINGS. You can DRINK it later, but first go round you just get a little!

Works best if you make notes. as you go, then after all get tasted, you can make full drinks of your favourite and talk about them...

oh I know it isn't refined or whatever, but the total wine Grangestone stuff... doesn't suck and is like $28 a bottle

Comment

Working...
                                X