• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1125 acres

25 tons cottonseed (about 5 tons left)
    21.75 tons protein (reloaded the 3rd)

Equals tooooo many deer

Comment

Just went through 14 tons in 4 weeks....

Comment

Just wanted to share a convo I had right before the 4th. got a call from a new customer needing CoonHoods. He had just filled his 1000 lb feeder and that night the coons hit it hard playing and digging it out ... simply because they can... out of the 1000 lbs he filled, he estimated 800 ended up on the ground that night... I know that’s insane but I swear I’m not making it up and I will find out more from him next time we talk perhaps he will have pictures...
        have any of you experienced waste from coons of that magnitude?

Just saw this thread and wanted to pitch CoonHoods for consideration.

COONHOOD IS A VARMINT GUARD SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR PROTIEN FEEDERS. OUR GOAL IS TO DESIGN A COONHOOD FOR EVERY DIFFERENT BRAND OF PROEITN FEEDER

Comment

We have a little waste from coon mostly on our corn feeders, not so much on our protein spouts. The real problem are the few gi normus porkers that can sit back on their haunches and reach the spouts and then shake the ever liven daylights out of the spouts and feed their buddies

Comment

The Protien and cottonseed has slowed WAY down over the past two weeks. I assume the deer are getting plenty of groceries from the native browser now that everything looks like a jungle again.

Comment

We got 0.6” of rain 10 days ago but they are emptying our two timed protein feeders, which are 1,500lbs, about every 3 weeks right now. Lots of recruitment from the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
                The Protien and cottonseed has slowed WAY down over the past two weeks. I assume the deer are getting plenty of groceries from the native browser now that everything looks like a jungle again.
                Noticed this as well - In Victoria TX

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post

Ours too but we definitely don't look like a jungle. I think some of it has to do with does having fawn at our place.

Comment

After 15+ inches a few weeks ago, went from 3500lbs in 3 Weeks at only my stand sight to 100lbs the last 2 weeks.

Comment

How are you guys set up for feeder per acre on your pastures? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        After 15+ inches a few weeks ago, went from 3500lbs in 3 Weeks at only my stand sight to 100lbs the last 2 weeks.
                        Good to hear it’s not just me. I went to fill feeders yesterday and only got about 100lbs into each feeder. One of first times in awhile I had to take feed back to the barn with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                          I have two Protien feeders and a cotton seed feeder on 200 acres, each at a separate location with a corn feeder paired with each.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                            We have 20 protein feeding stations on 6000 acres

Comment

Working...
                            X