No announcement yet.

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bottle of Laphroaig Islay 10yr aged Scotch I got as a gift I’ll be trying soon. Has Great reviews. Anyone here have or tried it before?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      It is Friday boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      That is the best ive ever tried. Been wanting to buy a bottle, but just havent yet. Mighty fine choice imo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        I’ve tried a lot! Call me cheap but my daily drinker is glenmorangie original. It’s only a 10 year but dang!!! Their Quinta ruban is a close second. I’m gonna need to try this balvenie double wood 12 and see what the hype is about. Can you get it a specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        You can get it at Spec's, Total Wine, or almost any liquor store. I would recommend spending the extra $10-15 and getting the 14 Year Balvenie Caribbean Cask. Nothing wrong with the 12 YO Double Wood ( I really like it), but the Caribbean Cask is my favorite Scotch under $70.

I am with you on the Glenmorangie 10 year old too. Great pour for a sub $40 bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          I have a bottle of Laphroaig Islay 10yr aged Scotch I got as a gift I’ll be trying soon. Has Great reviews. Anyone here have or tried it before?
          I really like Laphroig but I'm a fan of peaty Islay scotches.

Comment

All the old men always tell me if I drink long enough eventually I’ll get to scotch. Apparently I’m not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s one of my favorites. Be prepared for a huge dose of peat!

Comment

All the old men always tell me if I drink long enough eventually I’ll get to scotch. Apparently I’m not there yet
                Haha I was told the same thing, and it makes since to me now. The more you drink the more you want something stronger and alittle different, but I'm still not there yet. I like whiskey and bourbon, scotch is still a once in a while drink.

Comment

I have been trying a few bourbons to be sure that I am not flat missing the boat. Nope. I'm good. When I finish this glass of bourbon, I am back to scotch.

Comment

Not too bad at all. Usually not a fan of smoky but this one doesn’t overpower

Comment

CHIVAS REGAL 12, It's a blend but it's good.

Comment

It was too peaty for me. It is unlike any Scotch I have ever tried.

Comment

The Official Scotch Whiskey Thread

I really like the Glenfiddich scotches.
                          The 12 is my normal bottle. I'll get the 15 or 18 if I feel like spending a little more.
                          Right now I have a bottle of the 21 rum cask that one of my sales guys got for me last year. It is fantastic.

Comment

Makers and Knob is all you need, brother.

Comment

Just wanted to give y’all a heads up, it’s not technically scotch but do yourself a favor if you’re a single malt highlands guy, this stuff is delicious [emoji41]

Comment

Balvenie for a reasonable drink, Famous Grouse for a blended malt at lower cost. Both of these are always on the shelf, with misc. other Scotches at different times. Also have Makers Mark 46 on the shelf, I have gotten to the point where I don't enjoy it like I do Scotch.

Comment

Working...
                                X