No announcement yet.

Beer Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout the Red Slipper on Lancaster in FW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      I used to enjoy London Hall when we hunted out near Junction. Lots of history there, and at one time it was the oldest, continuing open dance hall in the state.

Of course, in my younger years, Acuna was fun when we hunted near Langtry.
      How close to Langtry?? North or south of 90??

There is a place on the Rio Grande just down river of the confluence of the Pecos and Rio Grande... It was known as "diego's" cantina, supposedly you could boat over to the dock and have a beer. I have yet to encounter anyone that frequented or had a beer at the place. Curious if you heard of it or perhaps had a beer over here.
      Last edited by Pedernal; 08-24-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        Used to buy beer from Enoc when I was 14.
        Blue Vacek ran an awesome beer joint in Holman years ago - now Holman Valley Steakhouse.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Him and his brother Louie Tofel ran that place. Had to go to the outhouse in the back to use the toilet because they had no running water. All the old timers would play moon there and it would get bad. Good old days right there.

Comment

Jackie's Place, Village Mills, Tx. Not there anymore.

Comment

Kinda of a beer joint/dance hall but Lea Lou Co-op in Mason is alright

Comment

Fond memories of Marie's Drive Inn in Odessa and Bo's Barn in Salado.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                Him and his brother Louie Tofel ran that place. Had to go to the outhouse in the back to use the toilet because they had no running water. All the old timers would play moon there and it would get bad. Good old days right there.
                Last time I was there their nephew George was running it. Moon is as still the game of choice but the players were my age so I hop they weren’t “old timers”...lol. Outhouse is as still there. It’s crazy how they sold old building and brought another building in to keep the histoy going.

Comment

Beer Joints

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Used to buy beer from Enoc when I was 14.
                  Blue Vacek ran an awesome beer joint in Holman years ago - now Holman Valley Steakhouse.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Still like to pop into the green room from time to time to have a beer.

Blue Vacek brings back good memories. What about the Hill? Good burgers for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Stolle; 08-24-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
                    Howard’s in Shiner
                    I need to take a road trip and try this place. My mom babysat Howard when he was a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post

George fancied the place up with a new building, green paint and indoor restrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        How close to Langtry?? North or south of 90??

There is a place on the Rio Grande just down river of the confluence of the Pecos and Rio Grande... It was known as "diego's" cantina, supposedly you could boat over to the dock and have a beer. I have yet to encounter anyone that frequented or had a beer at the place. Curious if you heard of it or perhaps had a beer over here.
                        We stayed in Langtry and hunted north near Pandale, but it was back in the 70's. I never stopped in Diego's nor heard of it.

Comment

Yea, when Enoc and Yard Dog passed George really didn’t know what to do. He got a crazy good offer for the old store and sold it. We thought we’d lost our hang out til they brought the green room in. Less history but still a great place for a cold pivo.

Comment

Sefcik Hall - temple
                            Leons country store -Bastrop
                            Moravia Store - Schulenburg
                            Jerry’s Place- Little River
                            Pendleton Pump - Pendleton/Troy
                            Oak Club - Buckholts
                            Pearls Cherokee- Arlington
                            Honeycuts. - Temple
                            Dry Bean. - Bremond
                            Monkey Barrel - Temple
                            Just some of our haunts. We usually look for neon whenever we backroad to find the old gems.

Comment

The Gaff in Port Aransas

Comment

I haven't seen the green room yet lol, but I'll have to go check it out next time I'm out that way.

I'll never forget Enoc talking about some running back running through the line "like sh*t through a tin horn"! He always had these crazy sayings that made no sense but were still funny.

And if you ever ate ice cream from there, it was always brown, and it wasn't chocolate either.

Comment

Working...
                                X