Anyone hunt with a 44 mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    I think we just have a soft spot for 44’s or we are in too deep?
    I think the way Buff says it, in reality a 30.06 will purty much cover most game I would ever hunt. But I like weird calibers and like to hunt with them. Heck my most favorite revolver round is a 44 special, and I like my 35 Whelen and 257 Roberts rifles. I have a Marlin 25-20 WCF that I want to shoot something with.

Yes, I reckon I am in too deep.

Comment

You are correct.

I might add that the CVA Scout V2 stainless 44 single shot is as practical and accurate as a Forty-Four needs to be, all of our other 44’s are fluff.

Comment

When I shot this hog you could see his whole body shake from the bullet impact. I'll be using the 44 mag a lot more now!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          I have a thing for lever actions, but I've never shot one of these. Anyone hunt with a 44 mag rifle?
          yep plan on doing more,,,, i have killed one deer with it and 1 with a pistol,,, i was working on the stand today so i can see the hogs a bit sooner!

Comment

Many many years ago,I started deer hunting...with a Winchester model 92,chambered in 44-40. Many years later I acquired another mod 92 in44-40,I have used it for a few kills but old eyes demand magnification so a scope sighted rifle is all I use now.

Comment

The 44 just gets it done. I’ve killed deer and pig with both the Ruger Deerfield and the old Ruger carbine throughout the years. I used Winchester 240 grain HP.

Comment

Working...
              X