Freshwater fishing Fathers Day request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband wants to take his 84 yr old father fishing for Fathers Day around the Houston area. The problem is, his father wants to go freshwater fishing and we really only do saltwater.

So, we have no idea where to go or even how to get on a fish or two for him. His dad used to fish Conroe and Lake Houston so that is where we are thinking but are at a complete loss on the hows and where's.

We aren't asking for your favorite fishing spots, his dad is happy just to be out and fishing. If he catches a fish that is just a bonus. We have a small boat but it is really too small for all three of us. We tried it once in the bay and things were very tight.

So do any of you know a place we can take him?

If somebody takes this man fishing I'll pay $100 for the fuel.

It would be cool to get them a guided trip on one of these lakes. I'm in for $100 for the guide or fishing rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 06-14-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'll pitch in for a guide. Lake Livingston would be great. Catch all the fish you want and there are a couple really good guides there.

Comment

This is so generous of you guys. TBH never fails to show compassion and generosity.

Comment

Which day are you looking to go? I'll reach out to someone I know!

Comment

Talk to Loy. He is a great guy and guides on Lake Livingston. He is how I learned to tear up the white bass. He knows the other guides and if booked up might can put you in contact with someone else.

Comment

Hit up Richard(Fish Dude) out of Stow a way Marina on Conroe for Hybrids or James Tucker for cats(same marina). But being this close to the weekend everyone may be booked already.

Comment

I saw earlier on FB that Simon Cosper had openings Sunday (Father's Day) on 2 of his boats. He fishes Livingston.

Comment

if you didnt want to hire a guide, try lake sheldon, fish the north banks (for bass) soft plastics will do the trick, its a small lake and a small boat would do fine

Comment

Bradley's Guide Service on Conroe. If I end up not having to work Saturday,
                    I will take y'all but can only fish a half a day.
                    I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                      Talk to Loy. He is a great guy and guides on Lake Livingston. He is how I learned to tear up the white bass. He knows the other guides and if booked up might can put you in contact with someone else.
                      http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh....php?t=2305034
                      Agree. We've been fishing with Loy a couple times.

Comment

x2 Simon Cosper

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh....php?t=2305034
                          Yep. Never fished with him but hes on fish all year

If y'all are set for Saturday I recommend Livingston over conroe. Far less idiots on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Yep. Never fished with him but hes on fish all year

If y'all are set for Saturday I recommend Livingston over conroe. Far less idiots on the water.
                            100%

If fishing Conroe on a weekend you better be done by 9AM

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
                              Which day are you looking to go? I'll reach out to someone I know!
                              We are thinking Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X