BBQ Smoker - Best Bang for Your Buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Smoker - Best Bang for Your Buck?

I currently have a Oklahoma Joe side by side Smoker/Gas grill.

I need want an upgrade. Nothing major, just looking for something bigger that I could smoke a brisket and maybe a shoulder or ribs on simultaneously. I want just a smoker vs the combination set up.

I can't spend an outrageous amount on it. I can't afford custom built. & no trailer smokers.

I'm unsure about electric. I like wood. But not opposed to it.

What do you suggest?

Old country smoker, academy has them but i picked on up years ago on craiglist, smoked many a brisket on it. Just recently moved it to the hunting property, its about 8-10 yrs old and still cooks great.

Comment

Texas Pit Crafters

Comment

I use a PBC and it works awesome!
        We have created the versatile Pit Barrel Cooker as the original vertical drum smoker and charcoal grill. Get your barrel smoker and charcoal grill today.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
          Old country smoker, academy has them but i picked on up years ago on craiglist, smoked many a brisket on it. Just recently moved it to the hunting property, its about 8-10 yrs old and still cooks great.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/old...ldCatid=311402
          /\/\/\ What he said, none of the other pits that I have seen in that price range come close to it in quality, mine has held up great and turns out awesome BBQ

Comment

This!

Buc-ee's also carries this same brand. I believe the same price. Awesome pit for the money.

Comment

I just bought an Old Country Brazos smoker from Academy. For the price and quality, I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far.

Comment

Weber smoky mountain

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                  I currently have a Oklahoma Joe side by side Smoker/Gas grill.

I need want an upgrade. Nothing major, just looking for something bigger that I could smoke a brisket and maybe a shoulder or ribs on simultaneously. I want just a smoker vs the combination set up.

I can't spend an outrageous amount on it. I can't afford custom built. & no trailer smokers.

I'm unsure about electric. I like wood. But not opposed to it.

What do you suggest?
                  my wife found this at walmart - i'm going to check it out
                  good reviews

Comment

I cooked on a Charbroil offset smoker for years. $200 at HD. Not the best but makes some good Q. Takes about an hour for the temperature to stabilize. Need to add a baffle where the firebox joins the smoke box the keep from scorching the meat next to the firebox. Light enough to move around without a fork lift.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                      I use a PBC and it works awesome!
                      https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/
                      PBC and you will never look back. Whether you go with the full size or the Jr. Both are amazing.

I have both.

Comment

If money isn't an issue then custom built is the way to go in my opinion

Comment

Old country on a budget new if you can't find a better one used in your price range. Mine holds temp great. Believe it's the Pecos model

Comment

Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker 22"

Comment

Best bang for the buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X