No announcement yet.

Direct TV dropping FX and Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not happy with time warner. but not happy with anyone else either...

Comment

Last year when Dish had same problem with Fox it lasted 2 or 3 weeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

I dropped DishNetwork two years ago for the same exact problem. Now direct wants to do the same. Dish started carrying it again about 2 weeks later. I figure they all do it so there is no win here. I left Time warner many years ago when they dropped the local channels.

Comment

Dish Network did this exact thing last year, we were gonna lose Fox Local down here which woulda ment, No Cowgirls games, and everyone, except me is a fan...it was just a negotiation tactic....I doubt they drop them for very long if they do....

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
            Sons of Anarchy on FX is the only reason I bought cable.. And now Direct TV is dropping them. I am notttttttt happy!!!!!

Www.keepmynets.com for the story.
            switch to dish network. they have both and a whole slew of hunting/outdoors channels now. its amazing how many are out there

Comment

Update: I received this today.

Great news regarding FX! Direct TV has reached an agreement with Fox networks, your service will not be interrupted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Dang thats horrible... I'd get mad if they did that to my apartment. My favorite show on FX is The League. I hope everything works out

Comment

i got the same message. i am happy i don't have to find a place for SOA tomorrow

Comment

Great news regarding FX! Direct TV has reached an agreement with Fox networks, your service will not be interrupted. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience.
                    Heard this on Fox news tonight. Agreement has been reached.

Comment

I been hoping they would work it out, but guess not

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        I do the same. Last year I used the VS. Channel to get some free stuff. This year (used the LHN as my reason) my bill was cut from $130 down to $60 a month, given the NFL Sunday Ticket, given College Game Plan, 3 free months of all movie channels with the retention department, free DVR and I get free HD because I am signed up with auto bill pay. All of this staying OUT of a contract.

If you don't think the person you are talking to is going to work with you, then just hang up and call back later. The guy I worked with kept throwing stuff at me before I even had a chance to tell him that would work.

The Cable networks and channels are always going through these negotiations (which is funny to see people call the LHN a failure because they are going through these same negotiations) and they put the consumers right in the middle of it blaming the other side and saying, "hey they are taking your favorite shows away!".
                        When you call ask for the retention department. Those guys can give you a lot of freebies the normal guy answering the call can't.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          When you call ask for the retention department. Those guys can give you a lot of freebies the normal guy answering the call can't.
                          Oh, I do. They told me I have reached the maximum they can give me at this time and to be truthful I am getting the farm from them and have not had to go under contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Exit110 View Post
                            I been hoping they would work it out, but guess not

Did you miss the post above Exit110?

Comment

What's the word on CBS? I hear they are still not making peace with that side.

Comment

CBS in Houston has been running a note on the bottom line saying it's service is over with direct tv at midnight Nov1. I guess they don't want to play nice. I have had dishnetwork for nearly 20 yrs and they go through this on and off regularly, But I have never lost any channel that I can recall. It's all about the mighty $...

Comment

Working...
                                X