X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      Is the ocelot on the protected list or are they legal to harvest?
      The Ocelot is on the Endangered species list and completely protected.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
        Pixiebob has no bobcat markers. They have been tested and are simply bobtail cats with tabby markings and tufts. The only proven bobcat cross is with a Lynx. There are those that say they have seen the hybrids but none have ever tested true. I raised hybrid jungle cats and bengals and have studied this for year. ET

The Ocelot has only been proven to cross with the Margay and the cougar. No other Ocelot crosses have ever been proven.
        This is good info.
        I have wondered about these cats and had been led to believe that they were a cross between Bobcats and ferals.
        They are very "bobcat" like and seem to be abreed unto themselves.
        By the way, that bobcat is the prettiest one I've ever seen!

Comment

I have seen many bobcats around Uvalde, Batesville, and other areas of South Texas. The females looked just like that picture. One summer I flushed 22 cats out of the fields around the cotton fields I was checking. The majority were females and they all looked like that picture.

I am assuming that the pic of the cat came from South Texas??

Did I assume right or not?

Oh and I had a friend that raised Bobcats for some reason and they had this little female named Whiskey that look just like that.
          Last edited by Roamer; 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I would like to say its a ocelot but the chances of seeing em are small (but they do exist). I noticed the markings have a more distinct black out line and the neck and face are more similar to a domestic house cat. I do notice the shortened tail though but it does lack a distinct black tip typical in bobcats. Just my opinion I would love to see more pics of it. Its a beautiful cat anyway

Comment

I would have traps out for that guy in a New York minute!

Comment

Bobcat crossed with a black panther

Comment

That would be interesting to watch..LOL

Comment

I see cheek tufts and a short tail that look exactly like my bobcat mount, but the spots are darker on this one . i see no stripes like the oscelot pic shows, and the headshape looks wrong compared to the oscelot as well.

Comment

i think it an ocelot with a docked tail

another vote for bobcat...

Comment

cheetah

Comment

Very cool looking bobcat would make an awsome mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                            I would have traps out for that guy in a New York minute!
                            i would seriously consider trying to trap that cat around december/january when the pelt is prime

depending upon the market, bobcat hides with those markings go for big $$$$..... $400, $500 plus ???

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                              Yes fishin dude i guess you could say I did since I graduated in 90, the size of the tail is not always indicitive of the given species.Any other questions you have feel free to ask.And i am just guessing but its not called coursework anymore
                              I didn't say that!!

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              have you gotten to "tails" yet in your coursework?

I understand what you're saying about the pelts... but all you have to do is look at the tail...
                              He did!!

Comment

bobcat also. I have a similar tanned one in the freezer. I freaked on my friend at first because I thought he had shot an ocelot in McMullen Co.

Comment

Working...
                                X