Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew’s wedding moved too close to my deer stand

So my wife offered up our farm in east tx for my nephew’s wedding...October 20th of this year! I am honored, but then I found out this weekend it’s going to be on the edge of my deer hayfield and I was instructed to move the corn feeder! 120 raucous guests right about the time the rut gets boiling in my parts! Any advice?

do whatever your wife says

Comment

Awww noooo......... I'd tell them to pick another spot, if not another spot, then another piece of land

Comment

Wont make one bit of difference, if all you have to do is take it down for one afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
          do whatever your wife says
          I am complying so far! She said the last thing we needed was a deer or a hog running through wedding, personally, that would make it a success for me (and my Nephew). She didn’t think loading the feeder with confetti was funny either!

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
            Wont make one bit of difference, if all you have to do is take it down for one afternoon.

I already decided to relocate... you know the old saying about what battles to pick!

Comment

His anniversary will be during the rut every year for the rest of his life. Move the wedding up to August. Or back to February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do what your wife says, but not before putting loads of hog/deer pee out there. Then she'll have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  His anniversary will be during the rut every year for the rest of his life. Move the wedding up to August. Or back to February

That’s his problem! Not mine. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post

That’s why I’m getting married on June second. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First of all who gets married during deer season??

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        First of all who gets married during deer season??
                        Evidently a lot... they said halls are more expensive then?

Comment

East Texas...feeder... rut... not a problem to being with

I wouldn’t move anything myself, but you won’t notice a difference if you do

Comment

Her initial thought was early December..... I took one for the team and pointed out in Polk County in December she might have a wedding and mud-bog championship. Plus cold weather!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              East Texas...feeder... rut... not a problem to being with

I wouldn’t move anything myself, but you won’t notice a difference if you do
                              Feeder in question honestly holds s few local does and passing through rooters. Good early early season and early am stand. I did see a good chase from climber right around oct 25 last season... it was as if feeder was not there to buck

Comment

Working...
                              X