No announcement yet.

Recovering A Deer From A Neighbors Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bow hunt behind my house and all together it's 5.3 acres so this scenario is very real for me. If a bunny hugger ever denies me access to my deer my response will be short and sweet- " Not a problem, I'll just keep shooting them till I have one drop on my property" [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
      Actually they can
      Of course they can. Biggest deer I ever shot was a big mature 10. Ran 400 yards in the exact wrong direction and crossed the fence. Neighbors notified and denied. GW notified and confirmed the denial per the landowners. Shame. He was a big one. Land owners trump card was played (although it was the wrong one IMO), it was theirs to call.

Comment

Yup,what he said...

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
          Actually they can
          Yep

Permission must be granted whether GW is involved or not

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
            Of course they can. Biggest deer I ever shot was a big mature 10. Ran 400 yards in the exact wrong direction and crossed the fence. Neighbors notified and denied. GW notified and confirmed the denial per the landowners. Shame. He was a big one. Land owners trump card was played (although it was the wrong one IMO), it was theirs to call.
            I've never understood this level of selfishness from some people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
              " Not a problem, I'll just keep shooting them till I have one drop on my property" [emoji106]

That's a good one. I will keep that tucked away until it is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                If the neighbor was friendly I would contact them first and ask permission. If they are anti-hunter I would definitely contact the game warden first and let him make contact with the owner. Provided you shot the animal on your land they can not deny you the access to recover it. But you can't just hop the fence without informing them, or you are trespassing.
                They absolutely can

Comment

" The more I think about it, you just go ahead and keep that un, dem grown up deer are tuff to eat, I'll get me one of dem lil uns instead, theys tenderer"

Comment

Always ask the neighbor no matter what. Many years ago we had a neighbor who everyone said was a total jerk. I was new to the lease and assumed everyone knew what they were talking about. One evening I had one run on to that neighbors property. Bottom line is I did what was right and drove up to the guys house and politely told him what had happened. He was a heck of a nice guy. He gave me permission to get the deer and thanked me for asking for permission to enter his property.

Comment

If I were you I would ask the neighbor now and not wait until you have a deer on his land. You may strike up a productive conversation and even get written permission to keep on you if it's ever necessary

Comment

Back in the 80s it cost me 250 bucks for asking a hunter then the land owner pressed charges. Still owe the fat (%( a butt whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods101 View Post
                          " the more i think about it, you just go ahead and keep that un, dem grown up deer are tuff to eat, i'll get me one of dem lil uns instead, theys tenderer"

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                            Back in the 80s it cost me 250 bucks for asking a hunter then the land owner pressed charges. Still owe the fat (%( a butt whoopin.
                            You didn't try to settle up Tuesday night did you?

Comment

That's why you have good relationships with your neighbors. I would have no problems with all but one, and he's a doozie anytime. If it's Saturday he's still in town recovering from Friday nights drunk fest so it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                You didn't try to settle up Tuesday night did you?
                                Naw I wouldn't need to bring help.

Comment

Working...
                                X