Big tax cuts coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    On the Obamacare repeal failure, it was GOP leadership and Trump that said no. The Freedom Caucus were arguing for the repeal of Obamacare that Trump and all the others in the GOP campaigned on last year. Trump and Ryan said no. Then they went even further and said they would target the Freedom Caucus members in the next primary election, saying the Freedom Caucus is the enemy and must be defeated because they wanted to repeal Obamacare and don't want to replace with something with a different name that is the same thing as Obamacare. Trump went further to say that he would start dealing with the Democrats to "fix" Obamacare.

On the border wall, the GOP and Trump have both caved before a vote could even be called. They seem to want to keep the Democrats from throwing a hissy fit over it.

It doesn't appear that Trump and the GOP leadership are committed to many of the things they campaigned on last year. Personally, this does not come as a shock to me at all, as it has always been obvious that this would be the case. But it's still disappointing.

There have been some positives here and there - especially with the nomination of Gorsuch. That was awesome. I'll give them that for sure. But there have been several large negatives as well.
    I align with this completely, just the facts of where we are. Thank You for "seeing" the forest for the trees! I am still hopeful that he succeeds in the areas that make sense for the nation as everyone will be affected.........all the ancillary stuff is really making things even more difficult!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      I align with this completely, just the facts of where we are. Thank You for "seeing" the forest for the trees! I am still hopeful that he succeeds in the areas that make sense for the nation as everyone will be affected.........all the ancillary stuff is really making things even more difficult!
      I absolutely hope Trump succeeds in doing good things for the nation. I hope he has great success in that and is reelected because of it in 2020. But I'm not gonna blindly worship him and try to convince myself that he can do no wrong. He's doing some things right so far for sure, but he's dang sure doing some things wrong too. Ignoring that isn't going to help anything.

Comment

On the Obamacare repeal failure, it was GOP leadership and Trump that said no. The Freedom Caucus were arguing for the repeal of Obamacare that Trump and all the others in the GOP campaigned on last year. Trump and Ryan said no. Then they went even further and said they would target the Freedom Caucus members in the next primary election, saying the Freedom Caucus is the enemy and must be defeated because they wanted to repeal Obamacare and don't want to replace with something with a different name that is the same thing as Obamacare. Trump went further to say that he would start dealing with the Democrats to "fix" Obamacare.

On the border wall, the GOP and Trump have both caved before a vote could even be called. They seem to want to keep the Democrats from throwing a hissy fit over it.

It doesn't appear that Trump and the GOP leadership are committed to many of the things they campaigned on last year. Personally, this does not come as a shock to me at all, as it has always been obvious that this would be the case. But it's still disappointing.

There have been some positives here and there - especially with the nomination of Gorsuch. That was awesome. I'll give them that for sure. But there have been several large negatives as well.
        Shane, these are the "failures" most often outlined as I see them;

Border wall: Must be funded by congress, Trump made the proposal to congress, they said no. Without funding the project does not move forward. So what can Trump do inside the constitution to pay for it? Nothing.

Health care replacement: First and foremost I am a proponent of letting it die on its own so this isn't a "failure" in my eyes but it is for the President. Again, this has to be a congressional action and they as a whole couldn't come to a consensus. So what can Trump do inside the constitution to pay for it? Nothing.

Travel Ban: Trump instituted it, activist judges shut it down twice.

Sanctuary City funding cuts: Trump instituted it, activist judges shut it down.

I do not believe that Trump is in cahoots with congress to deceive the public by saying he wants them but secretly working with Paul Ryan to make sure they don't have the votes.

In the end of it besides these "failures" in the first 100 days we have at a minimum:

1. A constitutionalist on the SCOTUS (probably at least one more to come in this term)

2. Border crossings by illegals down by 2/3rds.

3. Constant meetings with heads of industry and then executive orders following advice from such which has shown increasing job numbers in the US

4. Dow Jones over 21,000.00

5. Countless regulations rescinded affecting the economy negatively.

For just the 5 items here I give him an A plus.
        Last edited by Ætheling; 04-26-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I absolutely hope Trump succeeds in doing good things for the nation. I hope he has great success in that and is reelected because of it in 2020. But I'm not gonna blindly worship him and try to convince myself that he can do no wrong. He's doing some things right so far for sure, but he's dang sure doing some things wrong too. Ignoring that isn't going to help anything.
          Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            dealing with business men is a completely different thing than dealing with elected officials
            I don't disagree that it is different. But it will be a long 4 years for him if he can't figure out how to deal with politicians. Either that or we fire all the current politicians and replace them with business men. Which I would not be opposed to, but is not likely to happen.

Comment

A plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                Sigh...No matter what you do, people will find a reason to ***** and complain.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                and Vice Versa

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Yes it does. Trickle down economics or voodoo economics.

I am prayful at best!![emoji120]

Support is waning regrettably. .....really hopeful![emoji36]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                  Support is waning from who, you?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                    I don't disagree that it is different. But it will be a long 4 years for him if he can't figure out how to deal with politicians. Either that or we fire all the current politicians and replace them with business men. Which I would not be opposed to, but is not likely to happen.
                    Yep, not gonna happen so he needs to use his self acclaimed "skills" to make it happen for the folks that support the goals that are valid. I doubt the citizenry gives a rats crap about who he has to deal with to come thru on his campaign promises.

Comment

Support is waning from who, you?

I think he voted for Hillary so that shouldn't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        Shane, these are the "failures" most often outlined as I see them;

Border wall: Must be funded by congress, Trump made the proposal to congress, they said no. Without funding the project does not move forward. So what can Trump do inside the constitution to pay for it? Nothing.

Health care replacement: First and foremost I am a proponent of letting it die on its own so this isn't a "failure" in my eyes but it is for the President. Again, this has to be a congressional action and they as a whole couldn't come to a consensus. So what can Trump do inside the constitution to pay for it? Nothing.

Travel Ban: Trump instituted it, activist judges shut it down twice.

Sanctuary City funding cuts: Trump instituted it, activist judges shut it down.

I do not believe that Trump is in cahoots with congress to deceive the public by saying he wants them but secretly working with Paul Ryan to make sure they don't have the votes.

In the end of it besides these "failures" in the first 100 days we have at a minimum:

1. A constitutionalist on the SCOTUS (probably at least one more to come in this term)

2. Border crossings by illegals down by 2/3rds.

3. Constant meetings with heads of industry and then executive orders following advice from such which has shown increasing job numbers in the US

4. Dow Jones over 21,000.00

5. Countless regulations rescinded affecting the economy negatively.

For just the 5 items here I give him an A plus.
                        On the border wall, as soon as the Democrats said they wouldn't vote for any spending bill that included funding for a border wall and they'd "shut down the government" over it, Trump's administration came out and said that he'd go ahead and agree to a spending bill that left the wall out (even though we don't need a single Democrat vote to pass anything). Instant cave.

On the Obamacare repeal, the best thing to do would be to repeal it completely and immediately. Letting it slowly die just makes things worse for longer. And repealing it is what Trump and the GOP all promised they'd do last year. Now that they have the power to do it, they won't. There are some in the GOP that actually do want to repeal it, and there are some that said they wanted repeal but clearly don't want to repeal it. Trump sided with the part of the GOP (establishment leadership) that doesn't want to repeal it, and he literally said the other folks in the GOP that did want to repeal it are the enemy. He had a chance to pick sides and lead, and he chose the wrong side and lead the wrong direction on that issue.

Those are too huge failures, and both cases illustrate clearly that neither Trump nor the GOP leadership are committed to their promises on those issues. There's not any credible way to spin it otherwise.

The Gorsuch nomination and confirmation was a great thing. It showed what can happen when you have the power AND the will to use the power to accomplish what you want. You get your way when you want to when you have the power. There's no excuse for them to not get the same kind of result with repealing Obamacare, the border wall, tax cuts, or anything else. They have to power to accomplish every single thing they promised in the campaign if they actually want to follow through on it.

Dropping the big bomb on ISIS and dealing decisively with North Korea and working to reduce regulations are all good things, and I absolutely give Trump and his administration credit for those. It's awesome to see those kinds of things being done. But that just makes it that much more frustrating to watch them make half-hearted efforts on big issues like repealing Obamacare. If they wanted to succeed on that, they would.

That doesn't mean they haven't done some good things. But the fact that they've done some good things doesn't mean that they haven't blown it big time on some things either. That's all I'm saying. Making excuses for them and ignoring that fact doesn't change anything, and it sure doesn't do anything to encourage them to not sell us out on other things.

Let's not blindly worship "our guy" the way all the liberals worshiped Obama and convinced themselves that he could do no wrong. That's not healthy for either side, is it?

Comment

That doesn't mean they haven't done some good things. But the fact that they've done some good things doesn't mean that they haven't blown it big time on some things either. That's all I'm saying. Making excuses for them and ignoring that fact doesn't change anything, and it sure doesn't do anything to encourage them to not sell us out on other things.

Let's not blindly worship "our guy" the way all the liberals worshiped Obama and convinced themselves that he could do no wrong. That's not healthy for either side, is it?
                          Everyone knows that is all you are saying. Nothing wrong with that at all, just where we are. Sadly, it wont be perceived like that. I definitely give credit where it is due as you noted, but this blind worship is downright bizarre. It is a disease that both sides really need to cure if we as a nation are going to "be great again".....which I have been waiting on for decades!!!

Comment

Great post Shane. I don't have time to get long winded but will point out that your post pretty much sums up my thoughts on Trump and his admin pretty well on what they have accomplished and what they are working on accomplishing. What are we, just approaching the end of April here? lol

People are just chomping at the bit waiting for him to screw up. From what you posted, he has come a long ways in a very short period of time and now has us pointed in a positive direction. Onward...

It sure feels good to be an American again.

Comment

I'd like to know who on here has a cooperation who has averaged over a five to ten year period paying 35, 25, 20, 15% federal corporate income taxes?

I for one after paying myself and everyone else and all of my expenses never pay that much.

I think this whole thing is a joke. I'd be willing to bet that Trumps corporations have hardly ever paid over 15%.

Middle income families are going to get a bigger tax credit but if they have business expenses and mortgage expenses this won't mean anything to them either.

I'm all for Trump and reducing government and pumping up the economy by reducing taxes and regulations but this isn't going to do it. On top of that, the minute we get a change of congress and/or White House it all goes right back where it has been. Big deal!

They need to get rid of all income taxes, abolish the IRS and have a national sales tax so that everyone has to pay in. Even your local pimp and drug lord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great post Shane. I don't have time to get long winded but will point out that your post pretty much sums up my thoughts on Trump and his admin pretty well on what they have accomplished and what they are working on accomplishing. What are we, just approaching the end of April here? lol

People are just chomping at the bit waiting for him to screw up. From what you posted, he has come a long ways in a very short period of time and now has us pointed in a positive direction. Onward...

It sure feels good to be an American again.

I too agree that it is a great post by Shane. Shane is very knowledgeable and points out both the positive and negative aspects of the admin. It seems that many of his hardcore supporters ignore the negative points. I think it is important that we recognize both and make sure the admin does what is right for the people. How can we expect Trump to change his tune on repealing Obamacare if all his supporters think he is doing a great job, related to healthcare. We can be supportive of the positive issues and critical of the negative issues......at the same time. We don't have to say everything he does is great or everything the left does is awful. Both do good and bad things at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X