No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dak is very athletic and appears to have all the physical "tools" to be an excellent qb. The big questions will be: 1) will he be able to mentally put it all together and 2) can he get the job done when coaches start game planning for his strengths? I personally like what I see so far but I am not a professional scout. Let's hope he can grow up while watching Romo over the next couple of years and not by getting thrown straight into the heat of battle due to injury.

Comment

What impresses me about Dak is you can see him go thru his progressions and even look the safety off. That's something rookies usually don't do right of the bat. Yeah its only been in preseason play but he has been impressive so far. Just needs to keep taking those steps improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
        What impresses me about Dak is you can see him go thru his progressions and even look the safety off. That's something rookies usually don't do right of the bat. Yeah its only been in preseason play but he has been impressive so far. Just needs to keep taking those steps improving.
        It is only preseason play, the only measuring stick you have is to look at what other quarterbacks have done in the same scenarios, I would say that Dak meets or exceeds what the best quarterbacks have done in those same situations, hopefully he does well, I believe he will.

Comment

dez out this week with a concussion

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            This is our year! ..

Seriously though should have started this earlier but I keep forgetting. We had a great thread going last year even though the Cowboys tanked with Romo out. Lets keep all Cowboys talk here like in past years so as not to clog up the ATC...

Great preseason game tonight. Looks like there are a lot of new things to be excited about this year. Prescott, surprisingly, looked very poised for a rookie in back to back games with the first teamers....Morris looks like he is in healthy and in his old form.... and of course Romo and the first team O looked great for two series except for some penalties. Jury is still out on the defense with injuries and all the suspensions. Hopefully they can keep it close while Romo and crew go to work.

Hoping for a good season with no Romo, Dez or Oline injuries..

[ATTACH]807801[/ATTACH]
            Take a GIANT step back and then consider one more.

Prescott played against 11 guys that will be baggin groceries before week 1.

On the positive to support reaching the post-season...

The Giants have no O-line, receiver depth, or a decided RB. The Skins are a dumpster fire now and until they hire a real GM. The only mystery is Philly. 8-8 will make the play-offs this year for the Cowboys, but the season is over after Wild-Card week.

Comment

Zek will make his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

The Giants have no O-line, receiver depth, or a decided RB. The Skins are a dumpster fire now and until they hire a real GM. The only mystery is Philly. 8-8 will make the play-offs this year for the Cowboys, but the season is over after Wild-Card week.

Prescott played a series or two against most of Miami's 1st team D. Last I checked the guy named Suh wouldn't be baggin groceries. But that wouldn't support your over-exaggerated typical narrative .

All I hear from you is rabble rabble rabble..

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

Dude....go start a Texans thread, or saints or whoever the hail you're cheerleading for this year!
                  Last edited by Traildust; 08-24-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Dude....go start a Texans thread, or saints or whoever the hail you're cheerleading for this year!

He's the worst kind of fan/critic. He's the "I don't have a team but I hate the Cowboys" fan type/expert/critic.

Comment

Giddy up and ride!

GO COWBOYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        He's the worst kind of fan/critic. He's the "I don't have a team but I hate the Cowboys" fan type/expert/critic.
                        I thought he was a "fan until they fired Tom Landry" guy?

Comment

Morris is gonna prove me right that they took Elliot to high.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Morris is gonna prove me right that they took Elliot to high.

Great.... Elliot is on Moser's hate watch alert[emoji23]

Comment

No, I think Elliot is bad ***. But the Cowboys should have taken a pass rusher at 4 and Henry in the 2nd given how much they've invested in the line.

Comment

I think Elliot is going to make you eat those words when it's all said and done. [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X