No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the second day ive been out at the gabriel area and seen a herd {5+} of beautiful deer,prob 6 does and 2 bucks in two days...im gonna stop by the tpwd office this week and see about pulling some draw cards,see if i get one

Comment

Well just got in from a long day of figuring out how bad the damage is....went to the spot early this morning and saw more than what I wanted as far as dead hogs. It's to bad. The heli knew where to hit them. I think they read this thread. I went behind the PC and towards the cemetery next. Samething. discouraged I went below the dam. Saw some fresh tracks but as I got back to my area I found more dead flesh

Comment

Joey, how is the ankle doing?

Birddog66, I agree that was very well put.

I would have never thought they could have shot them in the spot. From the videos on youtube it looks like any wooded areas are hard to shoot hogs out of. Were they all killed up against the new fence?

Comment

My daughter and I ran up on a band of orphaned piglets while out today, maybe 15 in total of different sizes. No mama sows around...helo kill got them probably.

We flushed them out and I pounced on one. Cute little thing...pic of my daughter holding our only trophy of the day Let him go afterward to go join his buddies.

Comment

Good find. That maybe the next generation of pigs you found today. It's pretty sad to see what I saw today but it answered alot of questions and ill be saving gas from Austin

Comment

Looks like they might make it if they are weaned

Comment

mite hav to giv the area a few weeks see if any thing
                else pops up

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                  mite hav to giv the area a few weeks see if any thing
                  else pops up
                  I'm looking for a place to turkey hunt also. If you find something let me know. Day lease or whatever

Comment

Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                      Agree 100%

Anyone have any luck today? Lake was ****, hunting wasn't much better. I packed it up early and headed into Taylor for some bbq. Ran into Viper over here, guess he packed it in early too.
                      Originally posted by viper3583 View Post
                      Yes sir... I called it early. Nice to talk with ya over at Louie Mueller's place. That was some good eatin. I am not sure if that pit fire caused the long wait or not, but its always worth it.
                      Hey Union, what box were you at this morning?
                      What time you going out there? I might team up with you to increase our chances, we need all the help we can get after the **** helo hunt.
                      Depends on how hard I hunt in the morning, I might make a day of it and join yal for the afternoon. Which spot yal meeting at?
                      Any luck? It was a slow morning for us.
                      HA! Will the Real viper3853, please stand up! We got trolled! Again!
                      Last edited by Birddog66; 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Crod888 hoping for a few more cooler days/evenings to make a trip to Granger worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                          Good find. That maybe the next generation of pigs you found today. It's pretty sad to see what I saw today but it answered alot of questions and ill be saving gas from Austin
                          We killed 5 a couple of nights ago on a field bordering the WMA. The pigs may be spread out but there are still some out there. Those pigs had been coming out for a while and it looks like the chopper didn't even spook them.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                            I'm looking for a place to turkey hunt also. If you find something let me know. Day lease or whatever

about the only one i seen worth it on craigs list.
                            im gonna check in with some friends to,and i you happen to find some thing first let me...might even go in with ya if its worth any thing

Comment

ive been thinking all the granger boys should get together and drick some beers,tell some storys and trade off ##s,maybe a common bar around or some thing..what do yall think?

i know plenty of dive bars to hang out

Comment

Originally posted by gbeard View Post
                                We killed 5 a couple of nights ago on a field bordering the WMA. The pigs may be spread out but there are still some out there. Those pigs had been coming out for a while and it looks like the chopper didn't even spook them.
                                I'm sure their are isolated pockets of pigs pushed to private land that will eventually move back onto the WMA

Comment

Working...
                                X