No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Brazos river basin gets a ton of rain over the next 16 hours.

Comment

Very nice deer! I’m under the impression that the regular season ends today and that for another 2 weeks we are allowed to take a spike and/or a doe correct? Just want to make sure I am legal as this is my first year hunting Whitney/Aquilla. Thanks! And goodluck guys!

Comment

Sitting in the blind right now on the Bosque side. Feeders spin at 4:15 and 4:30. Hoping some does show up. I probably won't see much in this wind but it beats sitting at home.

Comment

I’m out hunting about 200 yards from where I flew a couple arrows 2 days ago. Glad I still get 2 weeks to fill tags. I need something other than hog to eat this year.

Comment

I have seen 6 bucks, 2 4.5 year olds that will be shooters next year. Still waiting on some does

Comment

Anyone going out for late doe season hunting?

Comment

Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                  Anyone going out for late doe season hunting?
                  Yep, I’ll be out there.

Comment

I used my last tag on a mature doe tonight so I'm done for the season

Comment

Where’s a good place at Aquilla to at least see some does?
                      I’m only looking to get my first bow kill with a doe, I might get one more sit before the season ends. I have only been out there once, and didn’t see anything.

Comment

on my way out this morning, spent yesterday dropping corn and laying out a plan for the last push of the season. Hopefully the winds die down some from the forecast the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                          Where’s a good place at Aquilla to at least see some does?
                          I’m only looking to get my first bow kill with a doe, I might get one more sit before the season ends. I have only been out there once, and didn’t see anything.
                          Never hunted Aquila yet, planning to scout there some post-season. Hope you find a good spot, good luck on your first bow harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                            I used my last tag on a mature doe tonight so I'm done for the season
                            Congrats on tagging out!

Comment

I'll be out there this weekend.

Comment

Got busted trying to line up a shot about 2 minutes before last shooting light. Gonna try a new tree tomorrow morning before the high winds roll in. Gusts around 40 just don’t work well for me, being that high off the ground. Sounds like a good time to run corn out to my remaining spots that haven’t been burned yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X