McGregor vs Mayweather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    I am going to go on a limb and say a boxer boxing has the advantage over someone who has to pin or kick to win.
    I will watch on YouTube and not pay to watch
    i am going to go out on a limb and say you've never watched an mma fight....right?

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
      For real? This isn't a fight. It's a boxing match. McGregor is gonna get smoked. The whole thing is comedy

I'm gonna disagree. I think this IS gonna be a fight. I think Mayweather plays well when his opponent is following the science of boxing. Conor isn't going to do that. If Mayweather doesn't knock Conor out it's going to be a long night for him. Conor is mean and bull-headed enough to chase him down and pound on him.

Mayweather ducks and dodges punches from a boxer better than anyone who has ever practiced the sport. The problem for him is Conor isn't a boxer and he doesn't know how it's "supposed" to be done. He throws punches from crazy angles and I just have a sneaky feeling that he is going to catch him.

No way in heck would I have agreed to 8oz gloves if I were Mayweather. Nobody has ever hit Conor hard enough with 4 ounce gloves to faze him. That's does play both ways though.

I'm putting $100 on Conor....it's just a hundred and if he shocks everyone all the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        i am going to go out on a limb and say you've never watched an mma fight....right?
        Yes I have seen several mma fights. Boxing is completely different.

Comment

I dislike both of them. Couldn't care less who wins, and I'm a big MMA fan. Way too muck fake hype and chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
            Yes I have seen several mma fights. Boxing is completely different.
            oh i agree, how many of those mma fights ended via the pin?

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              I'm gonna disagree. I think this IS gonna be a fight. I think Mayweather plays well when his opponent is following the science of boxing. Conor isn't going to do that. If Mayweather doesn't knock Conor out it's going to be a long night for him. Conor is mean and bull-headed enough to chase him down and pound on him.

Mayweather ducks and dodges punches from a boxer better than anyone who has ever practiced the sport. The problem for him is Conor isn't a boxer and he doesn't know how it's "supposed" to be done. He throws punches from crazy angles and I just have a sneaky feeling that he is going to catch him.

No way in heck would I have agreed to 8oz gloves if I were Mayweather. Nobody has ever hit Conor hard enough with 4 ounce gloves to faze him. That's does play both ways though.

I'm putting $100 on Conor....it's just a hundred and if he shocks everyone all the better.

This is kind of where I am at on my line of thinking. I do think Nate hurt Connor with his punches and had him stunned but there are some angles and variables in this matchup that makes it very hard to predict imo but who knows maybe Mayweather schools him and they will fight again for even more money.[emoji3]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

There has been several. I also don't care for hitting the guy when he is down.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

$100 at what odds?

Comment

I've posted this before I think. But this is how I'm hoping the fight turns out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      I can't stand him either but this is straight up boxing and at best an amateur against probably the best technical boxer ever. There's always a lucky shot but my money wouldn't go on that

Could be the final nail in the coffin for boxing if their best loses to an amateur though
                      This is my exact opinion on this fight as well and what the outcome for boxing could be should the Irish guy happen to get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        This is my exact opinion on this fight as well and what the outcome for boxing could be should the Irish guy happen to get lucky.

"They" won't let that happen...

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          $100 at what odds?

Are you asking for action at what odds someone will give you or are you asking for action on the current odds?
                          Just curious.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            "They" won't let that happen...

If Conor hits him clean with his left "they" won't have anything to say about it. Boxing is a dying sport and if that happens it's finished.

Don't forget, Toney couldn't manage to lay a hand on Couture.

Comment

I just want to see a knockout.

Comment

Just so happens I'll be in Vegas Friday and Saturday next week. Not going to the arena but will be watching the fight from the sports book. Going to be a fun thing to be a part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X