Replacing garage floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing garage floor

Well not exactly the garage, but my building floor. I have a 32x28 building that was built in 2 sections. The back part of the slab is 1.5" higher than the rest. Its cracking on the front half and the back half.

It looks like a monolithic pour (front half anyways). Any ideas on how to replace the concrete? Is it ok to cut out the center and re-pour? The city wont let me take down the whole building and start fresh without rezoning, then applying for a special use permit. Back in 1993 they decided to rezone my whole area from 1 acre lots to 8700sqft lots.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    Well not exactly the garage, but my building floor. I have a 32x28 building that was built in 2 sections. The back part of the slab is 1.5" higher than the rest. Its cracking on the front half and the back half.

It looks like a monolithic pour (front half anyways). Any ideas on how to replace the concrete? Is it ok to cut out the center and re-pour? The city wont let me take down the whole building and start fresh without rezoning, then applying for a special use permit. Back in 1993 they decided to rezone my whole area from 1 acre lots to 8700sqft lots.
    I can have someone look at it if you wish, I would think you could sawcut and remove existing and go back with a new floor.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I can have someone look at it if you wish, I would think you could sawcut and remove existing and go back with a new floor.
      Sending you a PM

Comment

Working...
      X