No announcement yet.

New batch homemade scent killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some and it seems to leave a chalky residue?

Comment

this stuff is good at removing blood from your clothes also....

Comment

Add a dropperful of colloidal silver to it and the results will be even better. You can buy it at any pharmacy. It kills bacteria on contact....which will kill any bacterial based odor.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          Add a dropperful of colloidal silver to it and the results will be even better. You can buy it at any pharmacy. It kills bacteria on contact....which will kill any bacterial based odor.

UF....are you talking pharmacies like CVS, Walgreens or even a Walmart? I have a 1/2 gallon jug of store bought scent killer that I'd like to add some CS to based on your recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            UF....are you talking pharmacies like CVS, Walgreens or even a Walmart? I have a 1/2 gallon jug of store bought scent killer that I'd like to add some CS to based on your recommendations.
            Bought mine at GNC. it was like $25 for a big bottle

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
              That's proof enough for me! I think i'll whip a batch up tomorrow
              yea me too......

Comment

Sounds great but we done have any pine trees in the area that I hunt so I use cedar oil mixed with mineral oil and that works very well

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                  Sorry should have put that in first post

2 CUPS DISTILLED WATER
                  2 CUPS HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
                  1/4 CUP BAKING SODA
                  1 OUNCE SCENT FREE SHAMPOO( original receipe called for 1 ounce of the hunters speciality green body wash/shampoo. I have been using the Primos body soap and shampoo)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until all of the baking soda is dissolved. Pour into gallon jug or other container and let sit for a couple of days WITH THE LID OFF OR CRACKED OPEN

Pour into spray bottle.
                  Are there any issues with the HP bleaching or fading your hunting clothes?

Comment

Originally posted by C.J. View Post
                    Are there any issues with the HP bleaching or fading your hunting clothes?
                    I haven't noticed any on mine.

Comment

Thats interesting. I'll have to give it a try when I've got some time. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Just made my first batch. How long do you let it sit before you use it?

Comment

What are you using for bacteria control in that recipe? Your BO is caused by bacteria production and if you don't control bacteria your efforts are somewhat futile. Baking soda has some odor absorption properties but probably not at the level of dilution in your recipe.

Scent away spray has actually been proven to be the most effective commercial based product on the market by a large margin. Next closest was the Primos.

Comment

I added collodial silver to mine for help with the bacterial issue.

Comment

This was from 2011 and I was thinking about making some. Does anyone have any experience with this or making your own?

Comment

I made some. It seemed to work just as good as the store bought stuff. The only complaint I had about it was, make sure you mix everything very well, otherwise you will leave a white powdery residue on your clothing. No matter how I mixed it, I couldn't get rid of the residue.

Comment

Working...
                                X