Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a hunt!! Congrats on all the great hunts you experienced while you were over there!! This has to be the best thread I have ever read anywhere on any type of hunt. This is my first post on this site and I am just blown away from all of the excitement on your hunt. As I was reading along when I scrolled down and the HUGE Kudu popped up my heart jumped! That is my dream animal for sure! I was stoked that you got your bull on the last evening, I can't imagine the feelings you experienced as the sun set for the last time on your hunt in Africa as you approached your great trophy!

Thanks for the great read! Post up some pics of your mounts when you get them done!

Comment

dang...been a while....I just went through entire thread again with almost the excitement as the first time... Congrats again, know your glad the crate is being shipped finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
        dang...been a while....I just went through entire thread again with almost the excitement as the first time... Congrats again, know your glad the crate is being shipped finally.
        Have to agree with Howard.

Rwc

Comment

I think I just spent two hours on this thread!!!! That was awesome. Congrats and thanks for taking your time to share your experiences on this website. Truly amazing!

Comment

best thread ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderingchef View Post
              best thread ever!
              I agree!!!!! I also agree it should be stickied!!!!!

Comment

It should be stickered! this was an amazing read! congrats on the animals! thats on my bucket list!

Comment

Very enjoyable.

Comment

Afton House

I stayed at Afton House late in May. For anyone planning a safari to Africa, this is a fantastic place for the layover. You will be well taken care of and it will be sorely needed whether you're coming over through Dulles or Atlanta. Well worth the money.

Comment

Awesome!!!! Afton house is nice.The Eland house is also nice.Its in the same neighborhood a few blocks away.

Comment

don't know how I missed this way back when but glad I found it now. What a great writeup w/pictures. Never had any desire for a trip to Africa but your story w/pics made me go hmmmm. thanks for the ride

Comment

best thread ive ever read...awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                            best thread ive ever read...awesome!!!
                            times 2

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                              Thanks, appreciate the kind words!!!!!

No, I'm a total slacker on the video....can't believe I haven't put it together yet. I've captured it from the camera, but just hadn't taken the time to work it up yet.....I'm going to seriously try to put something together one of these weekends very soon.

It's hard to believe it's already been close to a year and I haven't done it yet.....
                              Ha! It's been over 2 years since my trip and I still haven't posted my pics or story, much less the video!

Comment

if you get the chance can you tell us the cameras you used and what your using to edit. by far these are the best photos i've seen in a thread. the screen grabs are fantastic.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X