• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody hunting around Brady Lake?

Comment

Looks like this deer injured his g2 and now it's growing down

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking buck! I bet that tine ends up falling off. Hopefully not though.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
          Anybody hunting around Brady Lake?
          Off 3022. All the big wheat fields at the corner of 3022 and Angelo Hwy. Not sure I am returning this year but lots of jackrabbits with horns and axis.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Off 3022. All the big wheat fields at the corner of 3022 and Angelo Hwy. Not sure I am returning this year but lots of jackrabbits with horns and axis.
            I think I’m about a mile east of there. Going in the AM to scout. This is our 1st year on our place. Are the axis pretty thick around the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
              I think I’m about a mile east of there. Going in the AM to scout. This is our 1st year on our place. Are the axis pretty thick around the lake?
              Message Sent

Comment

Patton; that’s great to hear about the fawns. Heading that way the weekend and hope to see a bunch

Are the axis still calling in that area? Mostly a work weekend but should be able to squeeze in a couple hunts

Comment

Their headgear is coming along nicely so far

Comment

My goodness your bucks are way farther along than ours! I’d be excited for the upcoming season if I were you!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                      My goodness your bucks are way farther along than ours! I’d be excited for the upcoming season if I were you!
                      Thank you very much, yes we are very excited and still praying for more rain. It's been bow hunting only for the past 15 years and 5.5 or older rule. Along with protein we definitely have a nice herd. It's tough to get a lease to this point but definitely well worth it in the end. Not all of our bucks look like these, some still are not outside their ears yet.

Comment

I’m headed to the ranch tonight, going to put up a new 600 lb feeder, check cams, feed roads, and hopefully clear some brush. Never have enough time to get everything done though. Hopefully I’ll have some pictures worth sharing when I get back!

Comment

Still haven't learned how to get the pics upright on here! Spot and stalk at last light for this one a couple of days ago. In Real Co in between Garven store and Rocksprings. Crazy hunt!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by sako; 06-23-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Lometa is brown and they are hitting the cattle troughs for water......

Comment

I was able to get out to the ranch this weekend, check cameras, fill one feeder, put out another feeder, cut some cedar, and corn the roads. Boy is it dry! I hope we can get some good rain really soon.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oh my those are some great pics but terribly dry!

Comment

Working...
                                X