Junco Rach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junco Rach

Just curious. I have always read, heard and seen the stories of all the great deer that come off that place. From the stories I have read I seem to reason that it is a season lease type place. Anyone have any info on the place. Not looking to get on...just curious. Thanks

Jeff

Wanna hunt the Junco:

better bring your checkbook...

Comment

Tuthdoc I believe hunts there.

Comment

The Junco ranch is in Webb county and is owned be the Nunley family. I think it's about 48 thousand acres, and has been high fenced and managed for a very long time. Several ppl lease large pastures, two of them are Jerry Wascom and Dr Keith Chaffin. Truely one of the best places to hunt deer in the world!

Comment

It will cost you a min of $7500 to hunt there. That is for a trophy type animal. Not sure what they have in the way of a Management deer price. Incredible ranch in an incredible location.

Comment

We go there every year hog and javi hunting and the place is unbelievable!

Comment

interesting. I will be curious to what tuthdoc has to say when he gets back! Hopefully he will have some more pics!

Comment

The ranch is about 48,000 acres. It's under an OLD high fence. I don't know what keeps them in other than the fact the ranch is just BIG and most never see the fence.

It's a season lease. Under about 6 different groups this year. We currently hunt on about 15,000, between the two groups that we run feed program for. Each group sets its own parameters as far as what's killed and by whom, within the survey recommendations. there's a lot of deer killed every year and they can get dang wild. When you bang away at about 75 does and 60 plus bucks, it can get interesting.

I don't get into the money. It ain't cheap. But, you won't find a more passionate bunch of whitetail hunters on the planet. They LIVE whitetails 24/7/365. It's been my pleasure to be among them for the past 5 or so years.

I have tons of pics. I just haven't sat down and learned the new forum yet. But I will.

Comment

Looking forward to the pics Doc.

Jay

Comment

It would be fun to hunt for sheds there. What does that cost??

Comment

monster deer even larger cost

Comment

Working...
                      X