Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What changes for you when canting the bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
    I suggest that you get your standing up form down pat before changing cants and adding in a bunch of other variables. If you are constantly changing things it will be very hard to get any consistency and improve.
    Word.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I suggest that you get your standing up form down pat before changing cants and adding in a bunch of other variables. If you are constantly changing things it will be very hard to get any consistency and improve.
      Truth right there.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        If you are pulling the arrow off the shelf when you draw the bow, then you need to adjust how you draw the bow. You should not need to hold a finger out to keep the arrow on the shelf while drawing.

Bisch
        Its annoyingly comical when I have the arrow come off the rest...which is pretty common for me...I typically deep hook then roll the string a tad to correct. Not sure if this is a big no no. I retract my finger upon draw.

The reason I actually need to practice with my finger extended is to keep the arrow on the shelf whilst on the move and nocked at the ready.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-18-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Ay Sir. I shoot standing mostly but find I drop to my knees when game is nearing shot distance. I prefer shooting from the kneeling for minimalization of my moving parts...which causes me to necessarily cant the bow due to proximity of the limbs to the ground. I practice both standing and kneeling regularly with a seemingly similar and hopefully identical cant.

Im mainly curious in trying to be aware of varying shooting and hunting situations that might not fit my practiced cant.

I thank all yall for your inputs and guidance.

Byron
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-18-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X