• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!
    I hunted for 5yrs in magnolia springs..send me a pm if you want any info

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      That's awesome. What a cool feeling. And it looks like a great place for your girls to learn to shoot and ride 4 wheelers.

That cabin had a lot of potential. May I suggest either whitewashing the walls or the ceiling. This will make it appear more light, bright, and open. And keep it rustic feeling. Does it have w a well and septic?

Congrats, sounds like your step mom is pretty cool. Be thankful for that

Not sure how much the cabin will change, since it will actually still be hers, it will stay as original as possible. Just whatever it takes to be live able.
      She is the sweetest, coolest lady alive. And I thought that before all of this

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
      That's a great story! Glad to hear we both serve an awesome God! Since we both live in Winnie we should meet!

I agree

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
      Congrats. First thing I would do when the papers are signed is go to the tax office and register the land as a tree farm and receive an Agriculture Exemption. This will keep your tax payments to a minimum.

Best of luck to you.

Doug

If I register it as a tree farm, am I obligated to have it cut? I just hate to have someone tell me I have to clear cut the whole place or somethin, since it is so small

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
      Good things happening for you. As for the name if you plan on bowhunting maybe "luck of the draw" because of how it worked out.

I think you're on to something... I love that

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      All you need. Congrats and now the fun work begins

To hunt it, I would get a dozer in there and spend $1-2k getting brush cleared to plant a plot and have a feeder

Awesome

I have a 50 hp 4wd tractor, chainsaw, and pretty good work ethic. What I don't have is much money. Prob gonna be sweat, and blood building the foodplots instead of a sizer

Comment

congrats! Looks like a great place. Bet you got the old man somthing nice for fathers day!!

Comment

That's a wonderful blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            congrats! Looks like a great place. Bet you got the old man somthing nice for fathers day!!

He was more than happy

Comment

Awesome. very nice

Comment

If it does not currently have some kind of tax exemption I am pretty sure It can take up to 5 years to get the exemption. You have to have some qualified activity going on.

Call your central appraisal district and ask. They are there to help.

Comment

You must be livin' right to be so blessed. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations, that is fantastic!

Comment

I made it out to the camp about a week ago and got a little work done. I loaded up my tractor, brush hog, box blade, chainsaw, and various other tools and pointed the Chevy north
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388034.725515.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24390589
                      I didn't take any good before, or after pictures for that matter, but most of what you see cleared in these pictures was generally impenetrable by sight.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388148.254079.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	24390590

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388162.041254.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24390591

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388175.138010.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	24390592

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388189.671857.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	24390594

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388202.189238.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24390595

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388220.854498.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24390596
                      While working I had my first visitor. My uncle knew I was buying a small place up here, and was on his way to his lake house, so he detoured to see if he could find my camp. He had no idea I was there until he got there and saw my truck. We talked a bit and he said
                      "if you need a place to stay until you get your electricity turned on, come to the camp. I'll be doing a little night fishing this week."
                      "Thanks for the offer but I have lots to do here"

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388454.288375.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	24390597
                      Not long after he left this is what I ended up with

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388492.238146.jpg
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24390598

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388503.357570.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	24390599
                      When the rain passed I tried to do a little more, but after almost sticking my tractor a few times I figured I was doing more harm than good, with the ruts and all. So I did what any good outdoorsman would do, packed up and went fishing. Dang glad I did too, had one of my better nights on the water, with a 23ish lb 5 fish stringer. These are the only two I got pics of but they are 7.5 and 5.5 also had a 4.25 and a few 3 lbers

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388709.873857.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	24390600

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436388722.839810.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24390601
                      Can't wait to get back up there and finish cleaning up. I also put out 2 cameras over corn piles, maybe I'll have something worth seeing.

Comment

Almost nothing is better than paying a whole lot of something. Good for you.

Comment

nice

Comment

No matter how small, that's your piece of land no one to take it away must be a great feeling congrats!

Comment

Congrats on both the land and the adoption. Hat is off to you!

Comment

Awesome place.
                                Keep the pictures coming.

For an ag exemption (1D1) you will have to show that the land was used for ag purposes for the prior 5 years. I wouldn't apply for "ag exemption" if the place isnt really a tree farm. There are penalties for that. You could however come up with a plan to selectively harvest the place and apply for exemption in 5 years. I'd consult a forester.

Comment

Working...
                                X