Hunting Arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Copperhead! That's awesome.

Johnny...you ever found any around Conroe?

Comment

I have found a few over the past several years..

Oklahoma (a few were given to me)

Texas (All personal finds between Camp Wood and Ulavde)

Comment

Leftridge, those are nice. Do you still hunt points?

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
          Leftridge, those are nice. Do you still hunt points?
          Yes, well every chance I get..I just moved back from Colorado so I have not hunted here in 6 years..But, I have been hunting for Kay Co. flint stuff like in that top frame about twice a year near Ponca City, OK for alot of years now.. I prefer OK,KS,NE material over all that South Texas stuff I have...

Where are you hunting in E. Texas? Did those wa****as come from E TX?

Comment

Coogfan, I went yesterday to THE river but the water was way high because of all the rain. The river was running real good which will be great for arrowhead hunting once the water goes down. Their was only one gravel bar that wasn't covered up with water. I looked around for maybe 45 minutes then called it a day. I did find a bunch of cool looking petrified wood pieces that I kept.

Chew....no, I haven't found any artifacts around the Conroe area yet. Coogfan has (see pictures above) but I'll let him tell ya about it. This past year, we had our house added onto and the guy who did it was big into arrowhead hunting. He actually did alot of hunting around Lake Conroe in the little creeks that run in and out of it. He said it was a disappointing day if he only found 10 to 15 pieces! lol Their are also alot of places to look in Harris County. Check out what this guy rain into while arrowhead hunting inside the Houston city limits!

Comment

Thanks Johnny. That would a good read. Wish I knew where he found that thing! Probably around Buffalo Bayou????

A friend of mine from school's dad used to look around Jasper and found an indian child's skull with a fracture in a dry creek bed. Lots of arrowheads too.

Comment

It is very addicting - I usually find 20 - 30 a year on our place near Eagle Pass. Wish I knew where to look around New Caney.

Comment

Gringo...how long have you lived in New Caney? I grew up down 1314 a ways...but grew up playing baseball/football in Porter/New Caney area.

Comment

Where do you guys usually go look? I'm assuming river bottoms where the gravel and sand wash together. I've only found one arrowhead in my life and that was at my aunt/uncles farm. I think this is a really cool hobby. Everytime these threads come up I just look at the pics in awe, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Gringo...how long have you lived in New Caney? I grew up down 1314 a ways...but grew up playing baseball/football in Porter/New Caney area.
                      Grew up in Kingwood/Humble - been in Roman Forest/New Caney since '93.

Comment

Originally posted by mikep453 View Post
                        Where do you guys usually go look? I'm assuming river bottoms where the gravel and sand wash together. I've only found one arrowhead in my life and that was at my aunt/uncles farm. I think this is a really cool hobby. Everytime these threads come up I just look at the pics in awe, lol.
                        I have had best luck on hill tops or ridges near creek beds.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Coogfan, I went yesterday to THE river but the water was way high because of all the rain. The river was running real good which will be great for arrowhead hunting once the water goes down. Their was only one gravel bar that wasn't covered up with water. I looked around for maybe 45 minutes then called it a day. I did find a bunch of cool looking petrified wood pieces that I kept.

Chew....no, I haven't found any artifacts around the Conroe area yet. Coogfan has (see pictures above) but I'll let him tell ya about it. This past year, we had our house added onto and the guy who did it was big into arrowhead hunting. He actually did alot of hunting around Lake Conroe in the little creeks that run in and out of it. He said it was a disappointing day if he only found 10 to 15 pieces! lol Their are also alot of places to look in Harris County. Check out what this guy rain into while arrowhead hunting inside the Houston city limits!

http://www.texasarrowheads.com/featu.../crain-clovis/
                          Next week could be good hunting if they dont release too much water out of the lake. I might give the 242 area a try. I ran into a guy a while back that said there were some good areas just S. of the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post

Texas (All personal finds between Camp Wood and Ulavde)
                            That's where I live, suppose I need to spend less time lookin for Black Panthers and more time huntin arrowheads.

Comment

Originally posted by coogfan View Post
                              Next week could be good hunting if they dont release too much water out of the lake. I might give the 242 area a try. I ran into a guy a while back that said there were some good areas just S. of the bridge.
                              Well now that's close enough for me too.

Comment

How do you find these things? We have a place where "The Battle of the West Nueces" took place on, but the entire ranch is covered in Rocks. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for any artifacts, especially arrowheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X