Independence Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Ranch

A friend of mine "won" a free hog hunt at the Independence Ranch. It's a two night, three day hunt.. Food and lodging included but they are charging $1/lb to quarter all pigs that are shot. They also encourage bringing friends, who have to pay. On the surface it seems like they offer the free hunt knowing the winner will bring some friends. They make up the free part on the quartering fee as a $1/lb could add up fairly quickly. Anyone have any experience with them? (I did do a search and nothing popped up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do it

Edit: I also have my own place to hunt pigs, and can quarter em out just fine on my own lol. Seems like you're paying them to do them a favor!

Comment

$1 a pound huhThat could get expensive in a hurry! I would seek my entertainment elsewhere

Comment

Gut and quarter them yourselves...?

Or shot a 5 pounder and hand it to the guide and say get to work and you want the back straps and tenderloins also

Comment

They have a 3 day off season summer hunt for $99 and its unlimited hogs. I thought it was a great deal but then I read it's $50 to quarter and gut a pig ( pigs up to 50 lbs ). If the pig is over 50lbs then it's one dollar extra for each additional pound. No thanks

Comment

Their website says they "only see a few mountain lions per year." That seems legit.

Comment

How much to quarter a squatch should you kill one?

Comment

Tell your buddy to steer clear. This guy has been scamming for a long time. I think he was even under investigation for these "hunts offered. http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...ww_huntinghogh

Comment

You can probably run a search on here and he will pop up. Changes his website every so often to try to keep people off his trail

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                    How much to quarter a squatch should you kill one?

I'll inquire. I think it's a trophy fee based off a height:weight ratio relative to the gross weight on a sliding scale. Tipping the guide of course, is expected.

Comment

Oh...and everybody wins. I won 8 times last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Gut and quarter them yourselves...?

Or shot a 5 pounder and hand it to the guide and say get to work and you want the back straps and tenderloins also

Lol this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow- everyone should read this, if for nothing else some fantastic humor. Thanks for sharing. It's scary that people operate 'businesses' like this.

Comment

So.... Does that say he is bad? I made it to the second sentence. Lol

Comment

Working...
                            X