No announcement yet.

Carni-four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not all that impressed with the entry and exit holes but my buck only made it about 30 yards before he was down. I'll keep shooting them!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Yes they came with a gold spring and were very hard to open, a lot failed to open. They have replaced the gold spring with a silver ( I believe its silver) colored spring now. They are not the most durable head either.[ATTACH]851227[/ATTACH]
      That's not a carnifour. It's a blade short.

Burnadell, what poundage are you shooting? If I remember correctly they say the minimum should be 60. That could play a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        so you do think you hit bone? not many heads including fixed will do well on bone bigger than a rib
        Yeah. Had to have hit bone to stop like it did.

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Burnadell, what poundage are you shooting? If I remember correctly they say the minimum should be 60. That could play a factor.
        64 lbs

Comment

Looks like others have encountered the same problem!

Disclaimer: I do NOT do A. T. I just found this on Google...PROMISE!!!

Comment

Revived this thread in hopes someone out there can help me.. I'm looking for replacement blades for my heads. Grim Reaper site says "currently unavailable." Anyone looking to get rid of some fresh heads or know how to get new blades?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

That is a carni four, the other blade broke off, hence my " not the most durable"

Comment

One more time if anyone has some.
                I tried contacting Grim Reaper via email, been a week, and nothing. Probably call tomorrow and then the search is on for another all purpose head. Look for Which head bleeds for you thread. Coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                  One more time if anyone has some.
                  I tried contacting Grim Reaper via email, been a week, and nothing. Probably call tomorrow and then the search is on for another all purpose head. Look for Which head bleeds for you thread. Coming soon.
                  If you call them I'm sure they will help you out

But what are you looking for in a head??

Comment

They sent an email back. " there are a few things we need to work out but they should be released before fall hunting season this year." in response to my question to the replacement blades with the carnifour. I had good experiences with the head and Exceptional blood trails even on an older buck that I had a very marginal shot on (shot was higher then I really liked).
                    KD350- to answer the question. I really liked my Thunderheads, but man they are super finiky about perfect set up bows. I know my bow is well tuned when they fly right with my field points out to 60 yards. The idea of going mechanical was (and sorry to say this) alleviate some of the stress with such perfect tune. I knew there was a slight issue with alignment but could not get it perfect matched and of course it exaggerated the further out I went.
                    The Carnifour undoubtedly shot right withe the field point, as I am sure any mechanical would have, but the performance was the best part.
                    I have used a few different heads, some are good, just did not have the same effect. I liked the Spitfire but after a few shots they seem to rotate back further and crush into the ferule then making a smaller cut path by the blades sweeping back further.
                    --I need a head that has good penetration ability and durable enough to get the job done. As a side note I finally have the thunderhead flying true, but with all the mechanical BS of today's compounds I feel like that may just be short lived.

Comment

Working...
                    X