No announcement yet.

Barndo build, on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you choose rebar over post tension? Post tension is usually cheaper.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Looking good colt

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          It wouldn't be a real home build without lazy folks, rain delays, confusion, and mistakes. You know you are on the right track when you have all that!

So so true.

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
            Looking to do the same eventually and was curious if that budget includes a well.
            No sir it doesnt. We were fortunate in that we had an AQUA water line on our side of the county road. $4,300 meter and we were good to go.

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
            Did you choose rebar over post tension? Post tension is usually cheaper.
            We did. My slab guy preferred rebar on this pour. I went with his recom.

-Pics to come!

Comment

Finally have a slab in! They were able to pour Friday. Took 70 yards. They did a great job.

So I got the great idea of asking my slab guy if he would be interested in cutting my water line in, as opposed to me renting a trencher and doing it myself. He agreed, and said to just spot him a little for fuel. Made up for his delay in pouring lol, and saved me $ and time.

Metal building will be delivered this Wednesday, and they will start erecting Thursday. Got all my water line laid yesterday (sore shoulders, laying 320' by myself!), just need to add a T by the light pole so I can have water for the camper.

Now I'm stuck trying to decide between a standard septic with ET beds, or just go aerobic. We are in heavy clay, so it's going to cost a lot in material for a standard system. I was quoted 15k, as opposed to 8k for aerobic. But, my father installed standard systems back in the day, and can save some $ doing it himself. Idk.

More pictures to follow later on in the week!

Comment

Looking good sir...I bet this is an exciting time for you and the family.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

That is nice! Can't wait to follow the rest of the construction. Looking at doing something similar back in MS where my grandpa's house stood.

Comment

Not much else to report. I'm at my wits end with the guy who's putting the metal building up. He is taking his sweet time with everything. I might be creating a seperate thread on how to handle a breach of contract. We have a not to exceed March 31st. I don't know if he'll have it done by then. 2.5 months for a metal building is crazy. Anyways, I laid my waterline since my last post, and planted 40 trees. Nice having water now at the site. They finally started with the building by welding the beams to the slab, and welding trusses together.

Comment

He can probably have the metal building up in less than a week when it comes to it. They go up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
                          He can probably have the metal building up in less than a week when it comes to it. They go up quick.
                          That's what is eating at me. 30 days should have been more than enough to finish this project.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            That's what is eating at me. 30 days should have been more than enough to finish this project.
                            I assume he has other projects and know that he has till the end of march on yours so he keeps putting you off. I'd have a heart to heart if he is holding up your progress.

Comment

following

Comment

I have a horror story dealing with a contractor in Montague county for metal buildings, talk about breach of contract. We want to build a smaller barndo, so I'm jumping in this thread to follow along.

Comment

Working...
                                X