Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning for users of Comfortis flea control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning for users of Comfortis flea control!

Be aware there are some rare side effects if using Comfortis in addition to ivermectin based worming products such as Heartgard. My daughters 6 month old blue merle Border collie has been at the vet since thursday with IV's we are hoping she pulls through. You can read more on Comfortis web site.

holy cow! This is what i have had Brutus on for the past year! Thanks for the heads up

Comment

We had 4 dogs, 3 pups, on Advantage flea/tick drops. 1 pup died, my daughters... Advantage and the EPA said it wasn't the drops but there are a ton of post on the net that say otherwise. Drugs is drugs...

Comment

Comfortis is an oral flea control, we should have stayed with the drops. My heart goes out to your daughter,WCB, mine isn't happy at all.

Comment

calling my vet tomorrow

Comment

I've been using frontline for years with no problems. Hope the pup is ok.

Comment

My mistake, it was Frontline, not Advantage flea drops. And even my Vet said it "probably" wasn't the drops as they tested thousands of dogs. But it's getting put on "millions" of dogs and cats...

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope he comes out ok. That's why I just bath mine every week or two.

Comment

Have used heartguard and comfortis for 2 years on my pup, no problems

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Be sure that her vet reports this adverse event to the manufacturer and the Center for Veterinary Medicine, and potentially the FDA. Was the dog on the ivermectin product for something other than heartworms, or was this just its normal dose of heartguard? Ivermectin based products can be tricky in the white footed breeds, sometimes even at the normal doses. I hope that everything goes well.

Comment

i know the heartguard med warns about not giving it to certain breeds

Comment

Thanks for the warning, my Lacy pup starts on the heartguard next week.

Comment

A couple of years ago, I lost 2 cats due to the flea stuff you get at WalMart. The little dropper you put behind their neck. I think it was Hartz.
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Comfortis rep is talking with my vet they may be willing to pay for some of the tests to add to their research, it does say in the warnings about possible side effects of using both products, she apparently had one.

Comment

Good to hear that some or all costs may be covered. Good luck. Feel free to ask any questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X