Low blood platelets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low blood platelets

I went in for my 6 month check up today and was told I have low blood platelets. Doc says take low dose aspirin for 90 days and do blood work again. She would not give up much info on it and said do this first.
    Have y'all ever heard of it before?

Don't want to worry you but do some research. This does not sound good.

Comment

I'd be finding a new doc if he/she wouldn't tell me information I'm dang well paying for.

Comment

My level was 119 and low end should be 150. All my other blood work came back great.
        I never heard of it before today. She said don't be alarmed of it but start low dose aspirin, and if I start to feel real tired come back in.
        I understand it can clotting issues if cut real bad.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not understand aspirin for low platelet count. Platelets clot the blood to stop you from bleeding but Aspirin interferes with blood clotting function.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              I do not understand aspirin for low platelet count. Platelets clot the blood to stop you from bleeding but Aspirin interferes with blood clotting function.
              I can ask her that question on Monday.

Comment

yep. aspirin thins blood.

Comment

With baby aspirin get ready for your arms to look like hell if you bump them. Ask me how I know..

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                    With baby aspirin get ready for your arms to look like hell if you bump them. Ask me how I know..
                    How do you know?

Comment

You need to educate yourself to at least be able to understand what and why your doctor does the things she does, preferably to the point that you know as much as the doctors about your condition, you need to become an expert on yourself. Last ten years I've been dealing with health issues along with my wife, we used to be like most folks, go to the doc, take the meds prescribed and think everything will be ok. Just going to say I've lost all faith in conventional medical practitioners. If they can't/won't tell me what/why, what to expect next and future plan of action, they get fired and I move on to another practitioner and start the process over.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty View Post
                        How do you know?
                        And bleed like a stuck pig . . But, there are benefits . .

Comment

dang it boy

Comment

I have low platelets. Discovered this about 2008. Scared me when my doc sent me to the oncology center and everyone I saw in there had cancer. They checked for that and no cancer. I was never medicated for it, but it motivated me to lose over 60 lb. Still have low blood platelets. That was ten years ago so it doesn't make much difference now.

Comment

Thanks for the info Drycreek

Comment

Working...
                              X