X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    The finished tundra.
    Are you afraid of the dark?
    Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Not my truck. It's a dealer truck.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
        The finished tundra.
        Is the TSS package for 2wd trucks? Every TSS ive seen is 2wd so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
          Lol, built like a baja truck......me thinks not....

https://youtu.be/JKQdlXvbWSU
          Ford was the only company to run the Baja 1000 without any modifications to their trucks besides tires. Granted I think only one finished. Mighty impressive for bone stock.

Toyota ran a couple, however they redesigned the suspension, and they took 1st and second in the prerunner class I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
            With the redesigned high output EcoBoost and 10 speed transmission, I would consider waiting a year or 2 before pulling the trigger on one. Make sure they get the kinks ironed out, before dropping 60-80 grand. They sure do look awesome though. The grey color they had on display at the rodeo was sweet!
            The 10 speed that is new was a collaboration between GM and Ford. I believe Chrystler has been using them for almost 2 years now. I bet 90% of the bugs are ironed out.
            Last edited by 2014FusionM; 04-19-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
              Lol, built like a baja truck......me thinks not....

https://youtu.be/JKQdlXvbWSU
              Trophy Truck would have been crippled going that far to flat. Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Is the TSS package for 2wd trucks? Every TSS ive seen is 2wd so far.

I have four-wheel-drive TSS trucks here.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                  Why would u spend $75k on a ford truck????
                  Why would anyone pay that for any kind of pickup truck?

Unless they had to have it to make a living, I guess. And that's still debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post

Unless they had to have it to make a living, I guess. And that's still debatable.

Because they have the means and want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                      Because they have the means and want to

Good reply and accurate. I guess I'm just not as well off as most people seem to be. I never liked taking out a loan for a vehicle.

My first new truck cost me 1/2 a years salary. My second one cost me 1/3 of a years salary. The last new truck I bought cost me a whole years salary.

An 80K truck would cost me over a years salary which seems like to much inflation for me. But that's just me.

JC

Comment

Good reply and accurate. I guess I'm just not as well off as most people seem to be. I never liked taking out a loan for a vehicle.

My first new truck cost me 1/2 a years salary. My second one cost me 1/3 of a years salary. The last new truck I bought cost me a whole years salary.

An 80K truck would cost me over a years salary which seems like to much inflation for me. But that's just me.

JC

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you. Truck prices have gone crazy in recent years

Comment

I hate how new truck prices keep going up, but the Raptor is basically a luxury item. A base model 1/2 ton pickup truck brand new is like half the cost of the Raptor.

Will most people that buy a Raptor use it to it's actual potential..probably not. I don't see that any different than people buying high-end sports cars or similar.

People spend their money how they want to spend it. Trying to judge someone on how much they pay for something is useless as it can be applied in so many ways.

Comment

just test drove one....the salesman didn't like me too much

I told him I'm not buying one until I get my flat bill hat, skinny jeans, and some more money from dad.....

mouthing off about how someone chooses to use their truck is such an asinine argument.....my current truck listed at 75K (I didn't pay anywhere near that) but I regularly haul a gooseneck, a tractor, metal, and various building materials.

I also spend up to sixteen hours a day in and out of my truck, so I like it to be comfortable.

You act like it's your money.

It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              Trying to judge someone on how much they pay for something is useless as it can be applied in so many ways.
                              Not trying to judge anyone on anything. Just a question that apparently has several answers.

To a large extent we as consumers help fuel the fire by buying what they sell no matter what the price. We are a spoiled society (me included) and refuse to speak with their pocket books.

My major problem is that I'm old enough to remember nickel soda pops and new Chevy trucks for $1,645.00. I guess that makes me think everything is to high.

Comment

I've owned two.......there won't be a third !

Comment

Working...
                                X