No announcement yet.

Deer Processing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Theiss outside of Normangee. They do good work. They also make there own bacon and a ham bacon that is awesome.

Comment

Momma won't let me take anywhere other than Slovaceks but if anyone knows something comparable and near Centreville, if like to know. Cheaper would be nice too ��

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
        Hudson's on SoCo. Cant beat it. Get your backstrap processed and the rest turned into chopt steaks. You won't regret it. Sausage is jam up too.
        Hudson's is pretty good. We occasionally bring a deer there for Italian, garlic, or Jalepeno Sausage. But processing your backstraps

Comment

Jackson's in Crosby. They have done an outstanding job on every animal I have ever taken. I have gotten 6 deer and probably 10 hogs done there the last 3 years and I won't use anyone else.

Comment

Harwells outside of Victoria. Not sure on pricing, but around a buck and quarter if I remember right

Comment

Originally posted by ldgary View Post
              How about East Texas? Who does processing here?
              Tallent's in Riverside - been going there for 20+ years. Only other place I recommend is Junior's in Wharton.

Comment

Originally posted by ldgary View Post
                How about East Texas? Who does processing here?
                There's a guy on Hwy 14 near the Tyler State Park that my brother in law has used. His stuff was pretty good.

I use Cherokee Deer Processing in Maydelle (Cherokee County).
                They make the best summer sausage I've ever had. My orders are usually ready in a week or so.

County Road 2120
                Maydelle, TX 75772
                (903) 795-3663

Comment

ttt

Comment

Friday bump.

Comment

Ainsworth in Magnolia

Comment

I dropped off a deer and a hog at Joshua Deer Processing in (obviously) Joshua on Friday.
                        I have used them for the past two years and have been pleased. Basic deer processing is $80. My boys absolutely love their jalapeno/cheddar polish sausage, and their jerky is fantastic. They guarantee your ground hamburger and chili meat is from your deer, and not "community meat" as some other processors give back for their efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                          Momma won't let me take anywhere other than Slovaceks but if anyone knows something comparable and near Centreville, if like to know. Cheaper would be nice too ��
                          For sausage (link/ring/summer) and deer sticks, I won't go anywhere else besides Slovaceks. It's that good. Down side is, their prices. They are higher than others for sausage and deer sticks, but well worth it to me.

For spicy pan sausage and spicy links, I've used R&D in spring. Very reasonably priced and great service. Turn around was usually 2 weeks or less, depending what I had done.

Comment

We do our own, but we do take a couple of deer to Bellville Meat Market for the Chipotle link sausage. We have done this for the last 3 years. First year was $569.00, second year $629.00 and this year it was $761.00. We got 112lbs chipotle and 26lbs jap and cheese. We do split it up between 3 or 4 people so its not to break the bank. Will also make a couple of hundred pounds of link at the house. At this rate I am afraid it will be over $800 next year......and so on......

Comment

NOT Gorman's in Terrell!!

Never again!! I was somewhat satisfied with my game processing, even though they had to correct several items when I picked up, until I had some questions about the yield I received after processing. Went back to inquire with the owner and he refused to speak to me in a professional manner to address my concerns. He said he wouldn't discuss it and demanded that I leave, and threatened to call the police on me. Very unprofessional.

I purposely went in with the mindset of simply inquiring if he thought that what I received was proper yield for what I brought in, 4 hams, 3 shoulders, neck, back straps, etc. He became quite defensive and refused to discuss it. As I left he was rambling about not wanting to do game processing any more and that I wouldn't have to deal with him in the future because he was selling out to his cousin in a couple of months. I can't make this stuff up, lol. So, if you're thinking of going here, DON'T!!

I found this little tidbit of information after the fact...

Comment

Dozier's in Fulshear (west of Houston) processed my doe in about a week...$220 for half hamburger and half jalapeno cheese sausage. Thought that was a little high but I will say I got my deer back.

Comment

Working...
                                X