Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controversial Mtn. Lion Thread Opinions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hear they taste just like chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      What a cougar may look like...

I wish I had a stalker!

Comment

THey belong out there as much as I do.

Comment

Agree with brian l,you bet they do...

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
            What a cougar may look like...

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            i hear they taste just like chicken!
            These 2 just belong together.

Comment

i want a cougar too

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                ................where does "the auto insurance companies" want them to replace hunters come from? I didn't see that?

Trailboss

It wasn't in there. oops. I thought it was more know than it is I guess. I read it first in Outdoor Life a few years back. If you google search it there is a lot about it on the web.

Here's 1 example regarding GEICO. http://www.cacaponinstitute.org/PHSW...0insurance.htm

If you don't want to read it all here is the jist of it.....

"Geico North Harford H.S
                10/29/2008
                10:35:00 AM

We are the Insurance Company named Geico. We are important because when people get into accidents they don’t go and see the deer, no they come to us because we are their safety net when they are in an accident. When there is an overpopulation of deer there are more accidents which means we have more cases for us to review and more money for us to give out. Accidents involving deer has doubled.......

.......Another idea that insurance companies had to reduce the amount of deer-vehicle collision claims was to reintroduce predators into the wild................they have nothing maintaining their numbers and thus have become a huge problem. By introducing the deer’s natural predators, insurance companies are hoping that the deer population will be reduced to a manageable number and that more deer will be kept off of roads and highways.

The best predator to re-introduce into the wild would be the mountain lion."

I'm a predator. Give me more tags! ....and if like everyone says, the lion don't reduce the deer numbers much, let me and other willing hunters try. Up the quota and make more money for the state through increased tag and license sales, and tax on more arrows and broadheads I'll be using.
                Last edited by BuckAssassin; 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

They are part of the foodchain. As well as deer are doing, one a week per lion is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderpower View Post
                    They are part of the foodchain. As well as deer are doing, one a week per lion is nothing.
                    That depends on which one of yours it is.

Agreed, they are part of the food chain though, and beautiful animals. But, since they are not endangered I don't think the Ins. Companies or State should try to increase their numbers to stop auto accidents.........increase hunter opportunities.

Comment

Looks like I need to import a few mountain lions to WV. We have way too many deer. Darn shame you have to stop your four wheeler to let the deer cross the logging roads.

Comment

Here I'll add a little personal fuel to the fire, but with a happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
                          These 2 just belong together.
                          Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

I was privledged enough to see a panther in 1994. I think they are beautiful animals and I believe there is room for humans and mountain lions in the woods. i get P.O.'d when i hear of people wanting to destroy an animal for simply making a living. Killing deer and other game is how they survive, they dont have a grocery store to buy their food and we have plenty of deer left for us.

Comment

Comment

Can't fix dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X