Ford 6.4 vs 6.7 Diesel engines? pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 6.4 vs 6.7 Diesel engines? pros and cons

I apologize for the similar thread but trying to narrow down what I need to purchase. Seems to be quite a few more 6.4 engines out there for sale than 6.7. What has your experience been with the 6.4?

I assume gas mileage is better with 6.7?

What kind of mileage are yall getting with the 6.4 or 6.7?

So you know I am looking at 2010 models or newer.

Thanks as always

We'll I know guys a that have had both and the 6.7 is leaps and bounds better than the 6.4. If u have the money just buy a 6.7 and Don't waste ur money and time on the 6.4.
    There not any more reliable than a 6.0.

That 6.7 is bad ***!

Comment

nuff said. Thanks.

Comment

6.7 over the 6.4 hands down

Comment

Comment

I got a 6.7 i bought new in 2011. It has been a great truck so far. My 5.9 cummins lasted me almost 9 years but this thing is a beast compared to the cummins. I have around 60 K on mine and the only thing ive done to it other than oil and filter changes was my radiator cracked and warrenty put a new one in there. Im glad that happened under warranty. Not sure what caused it but had a drip in the driveway and took it in.

Comment

The 6.7 is a beast compared to the cummins 5.9 I had.

Comment

Goes with 6.7 the 6.4 has lots of power fast quite but so is the 6.7 but with better fuel mileage a guy I work with had a 08 6.4 and is notrmal everyday driving he averaged 9 to 10 mpg

Comment

More power, quieter, better MPG

Im getting an average 17-18
                  With 19-22 highway and 10-14 with Heavy towing

Comment

Got my truck in the shop now it's a 6.0. Mechanic told me 6.0 and the 6.4 are basically the same motor. Run great but not the power and milage a 6.7 gets. Majority of the trucks brought in for repair are 6.0 and 6.4. And this is a dealership mechanic. As soon as I get my truck running it's going to be traded in for a Chevy. Tired of pouring money in to Fords.

Comment

I have an 08 6.4 with about 125k miles. Knock on wood, never had a problem. I don't push the truck real hard. The on board computer says I get 13-14mpg.

Would like to get one of the new ones but this puppy is paid for so I am going to stick with it.

Comment

6.7 hands down! 6.0 and 6.4 are not worth owning.

Comment

I have a 6.7 and absolutely love it! Tons of power and very quick. I average about 17 mpg but I also drive with a heavy foot. I imagine I would get better if I changed my driving habits.

Comment

Originally posted by gibowhunter View Post
                            More power, quieter, better MPG

Im getting an average 17-18
                            With 19-22 highway and 10-14 with Heavy towing
                            Dang!!! That's what I'm getting with my Eco-boost! That's great for a diesel.

Comment

Have a buddy that just spent $4200 getting his 6.4 fixed. Had to replace the fuel pump and the cab has to be pulled off to get to it. Engineering at its best!

Comment

Working...
                              X