Tamales and pan de polvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamales and pan de polvo

Here’s my first attempt at making tamales and pan de pollo aka Mexican wedding cookies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome both will god in the morning with coffee

Comment

We made deer tamales yesterday, pain in the .... but well worth it!

Comment

I’ll tell u what go on YouTube and look up tamale mass spreader I bought one man it makes things go a lot faster

Comment

What's the recipe on the cookies

Comment

2 cups crisco or lard (I use lard) 1 cup sugar 4 cups flour cinnamon and sugar for rolling in after baking oh and I make cinnamon tea from 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks and 1.5 cups of water for the dough. Combine lard and sugar until it comes together then slowly add flour and 1 tablespoon of powder cinnamon or to taste then mix it til it starts to turn into crumbles then start to add cinnamon tea to make the dough . Once dough is formed cover with plastic and let it rest for about 20 minutes before rolling out and cutting cookies, bake for about 8-10 at 350 the place on cooling rack . Mix sugar and powder cinnamon in plastic ziplock bag and before the cookies cool down completely put them in and give them a shake to coat them and enjoy, dough should be a little bit on the dry side and will try to crack as you roll it out but should hold together for the most part edges will crumble. Whew that was a lot

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
              I’ll tell u what go on YouTube and look up tamale mass spreader I bought one man it makes things go a lot faster

Dang, that thing looks like a time saver and a half.

Tamales and cookies both look good!

Comment

I bought 1 to see if it was a gimmick but it’s the real deal I was spreading and it took a bit of a learning curve but once I got going it was the bomb, I ordered 3 more

Comment

I grew up with tamales and pan de polvo. My mom made tamales and pan de polvo all the time.

Comment

Looks good. I know it's pretty labor intensive. I made some pinon biscochitos for Christmas.

Comment

I know those came out good if they’re anything like your other recipes

Comment

I want to make some of those mexican cookies.

Comment

Mind posting the tamale recipe ?

Comment

I cook the way my grandmother did by taste and after awhile you just get it down, heres goes you need 1/4 onion, pinch of comino/cumin,3cloves of garlic1 tsp of oregano,1tsp paprika, 6 guajillo peppers ,4 ancho chiles. these are the dried type of peppers yo can find in the Mexican isle of most grocery stores, this will do 2 lbs of meat and the masa depends on your taste. cut open and seed all the peppers then plave them in a sauce pan with 3 cups of water along with all the other ingredients and bring to a low boil, then shot off completely and let simmer till peppers are rehydrated, once rehydrated usually 5 mins place all the ingredients in a blender and lend til silky smooth or to your liking. if your {meat filling is cooked/shredded }then place in a pan big enough to let the sauce and pork stew for an hour to 45 mins ,make sure to save some red sauce and water from the blender you will need it for the masa later.while that is cooking prepare your masa as per instructions on the MASECA and add some of the red sauce to your liking also I mix mine with LARD like my granny did you can use shortening. once your masa looks good make a small patty like you would with sausage and try it and adjust salt lard and speadablity not to crumbly not to runny. now you can spead masa fill tamales steam for about 1 to 1.5 hrs depending on you pot and amount then enjoy.oh don't forget to soak your corn husks before spreading and look online for the original tamale masa spreader it's the best way to get them done.

Comment

Cool thanks for sharing, I will try this.

Comment

Working...
                              X