No announcement yet.

Nilgai hunt booked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot this one with a 300 WM with Barnes ttsx 180 at 100 yards and it never touched the backside ribs. It went in behind the front side leg and hit 1 rib and stopped in the chest cavity. Took out both lungs and top of heart.

b

Comment

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post
      Shot this one with a 300 WM with Barnes ttsx 180 at 100 yards and it never touched the backside ribs. It went in behind the front side leg and hit 1 rib and stopped in the chest cavity. Took out both lungs and top of heart.

b

Why do people keep saying theee animals are tough? Pfffft. Just because they can stop one the highest weight retention bullets in about a foot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JJtomball View Post

b
        That’s a good bull for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post

That's field dressed already. It was between 550 and 600 live weight.

Comment

I hunted the Laguna atascosa NWR two weeks ago and was able to bag a really nice bull. Shot him quartering away at 350 win a 139g out of a 7mm. Went in behind last rib and we found slight fragmenting when skinning and cutting the brisket and neck meat off. Ran 70yards and piled up

My buddy shot his bull at about 200 with a 270 that was quartering away. Entry at the last rib. Never saw any sign or damage when we cleaned the animal. Dropped within 50 yards

Both bulls were in the 500-600 pound range

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
              Horn length?

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
                I hunted the Laguna atascosa NWR two weeks ago and was able to bag a really nice bull. Shot him quartering away at 350 win a 139g out of a 7mm. Went in behind last rib and we found slight fragmenting when skinning and cutting the brisket and neck meat off. Ran 70yards and piled up

My buddy shot his bull at about 200 with a 270 that was quartering away. Entry at the last rib. Never saw any sign or damage when we cleaned the animal. Dropped within 50 yards

Both bulls were in the 500-600 pound range
                How far in the brush were y'all? AND how did you get it out of there to your vehicle?

Comment

I think some people over hype how tough they are
                  Yea okay lol. Go get them tiger.

Comment

Working...
                  X