best low light binos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
    between the two I listed, which would you favor? Cabelas has a heck of a deal on both
    Vortex. My dad had the same pair out west two weeks ago, and his nockers picked up light as good as a couple $1000 pairs of nockers that were out there with us, at about 15 min before dark.

That being said, I can't speak for the Leupold. I just know how well the Vortex performed.

Comment

It really comes down to exit pupil size, quality of the optic glass and lens coatings.

Here are a couple of pretty good videos from Vortex that may help with your decision.

I get to use many models and sizes of binos....all Vortex of course, but this is why 8x42 are my "go to" binos for most applications. 8x42 have a large exit pupil, and have less perceived movement (shakiness...if that is a word) than higher power binos. In my opinion if you can't hold them steady you can't effectively use a higher magnification.

Click on this link for videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        It really comes down to exit pupil size, quality of the optic glass and lens coatings.

Here are a couple of pretty good videos from Vortex that may help with your decision.

I get to use many models and sizes of binos....all Vortex of course, but this is why 8x42 are my "go to" binos for most applications. 8x42 have a large exit pupil, and have less perceived movement (shakiness...if that is a word) than higher power binos. In my opinion if you can't hold them steady you can't effectively use a higher magnification.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/video/optics_myths
        I know Diamondbacks are the lower end of Vortex, but my 8.5x50's do an awesome job at low light. I was watching deer at 10:30 last night by moonlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

http://www.vortexoptics.com/video/optics_myths
          would you recommend the 8X42 over the 10X42?

Comment

I got some Leupold acadias on sale for like $75 at academy in 10x50. They work really well and can usually see shadows well before shooting light at ranges of 100-280 yards. Can't complain for the cost. They do have some rounded effect towards the edges but I don't notice much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              I know Diamondbacks are the lower end of Vortex, but my 8.5x50's do an awesome job at low light. I was watching deer at 10:30 last night by moonlight.
              Mark. One of my all time favorites. 8.5x50 have a bigger exit pupil 5.88mm than 8x42 (5.25mm). The 8.5x50 were kinda over looked by most and Vortex discontinued them. I was disappointed that they were discontinued. I always recommended the 8.5x50. I think I sold more than all other dealers combined and everyone that bought them loves them.

would you recommend the 8X42 over the 10X42?
              For me personally yes. Diamondback 10x42 are my best sellers because most people think higher power is better. I prefer the 8x42.

Comment

I picked up some vortex diamondbacks monday for $129 at cabelas. It was the last pair they had in the store but they still showed some available online for that price.

Comment

fine, you convinced me, give me the kaibabs

Comment

I just bought a set of Cabelas Intensity HD's. They are amazing. I went into the store to buy the Vortex Viper HD's and my wife talked me into trying the Cabelas brand. I am glad I did. They are just as clear. FOV is the same. But they are brighter in low Light. Same warranty and I was out the door for 127.00. Vortex where 428.00

Comment

I have a pair of Vortex Talon HD 10x42 listed in the classifieds. Let me know if interested.

Comment

not a huge budget. around $250.
                        Lololololol

"What's the BEST low light bino?"

"Oh, btw, my budget is bottom-of-the-barrel."

Comment

I have a pair of Vortex Viper HD 10x42s that I picked up from Cabelas for "free" using CC points. I LOVE them!!! Really depends on where you're going to be using them, but even in Idaho/WY where I do most of my hunting, the 10x is quite a bit of magnification. I tried some 15x50s, and the shake was too much for me and FOV was too small. Some 8x or 10x would be great, anything more than that I like to switch over to the spotter.

Comment

Cabela's brand are great for the money, plus lifetime warranty. I bought a pair and they blow Leupolds and Bushnell's out the water. Far from great glass, but great for the price

Comment

I have binos in your price range the vortex Diamondbacks (10x42) are pretty clear and pretty good in low light but not great. The Nikon monarchs (older pair) are better that I use too.
                              I don't have anything else to offer/compare on the price range your looking at

Comment

You can get a pair of Redfield Rebel 10x42 at Cabelas on sale for $109 right now. Really good binos for the money. I have a pair of Leupold BX-2 Acadias and these were as good for less money. I tried my cousin's Rebels out in the field and I can't say a bad thing about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X