No announcement yet.

Bill passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope Sippy's vehicle wasn't moving while he was shooting out of it!

Just giving you a hard time.

Duck numbers are down to loss of nesting grounds. Has nothing to do with lead shot. That is gov't hocus pocus, lobbyists, etc, blah blah blah.

Comment

Hi guys!

And yes the vehicle is still
      And im looking across a field that normally has coyotes in it
      On a road through the middle of my lease

Anyways, I thought my info was correct based on a research paper I read. If you all think it is a conspiracy i will let it be a conspiracy. Just for some reading however : http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/disease_inf...ead_poisoning/

Kumbaya anyone? (especially Coach W )
      Last edited by Sippy; 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
        Hi guys!

And yes the vehicle is still
        And im looking across a field that normally has coyotes in it
        On a road through the middle of my lease

Anyways, I thought my info was correct based on a research paper I read. If you all think it is a conspiracy i will let it be a conspiracy. Just for some reading however : http://www.nwhc.usgs.gov/disease_inf...ead_poisoning/

Kumbaya anyone? (especially Coach W )
        Not angry or mad at you sipster... Just the entire situation of banning lead is controversial, based upon nothing more than "thoughts" with no evidence. But we the Hunters still got shafted...

You just happen to have been in the line of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Not angry or mad at you sipster... Just the entire situation of banning lead is controversial, based upon nothing more than "thoughts" with no evidence. But we the Hunters still got shafted...

You just happen to have been in the line of fire.
          its all good.

If there really are no effects I would love to shoot lead. Not a fan of steel!

Comment

Personally I think it might have something to do with increased amounts of lead distributed into reservoirs used for human consumption. It makes sense. People hunt waterfowl primarily on public lakes that are someone's water supply. Lead shot in the lakes will break down and increase the total amount of lead that eventually will be consumed by humans. Possibly to toxic levels.

When lead is thrown around in fields and what not it does not have the measurable impact that consuming it through a water source would. The rest of the bs about lead bullets and game animals affecting humans is bunk. Not based on any fact. Just another scare tactic for uninformed consumers. But the lead in the water thing could be real.

Comment

I got my views directly from DU & other hunters who were once against but now for the ban on 'ducks'...this has been several years ago however.

I used to do a ton of puddle jumping but admit I lost my taste when I switched to steel. It certainly does not kill as well.

How long ago to the ban go into effect...seems like it's been forever.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                Personally I think it might have something to do with increased amounts of lead distributed into reservoirs used for human consumption. It makes sense. People hunt waterfowl primarily on public lakes that are someone's water supply. Lead shot in the lakes will break down and increase the total amount of lead that eventually will be consumed by humans. Possibly to toxic levels.

When lead is thrown around in fields and what not it does not have the measurable impact that consuming it through a water source would. The rest of the bs about lead bullets and game animals affecting humans is bunk. Not based on any fact. Just another scare tactic for uninformed consumers. But the lead in the water thing could be real.
                i hate to say it, but i kind of agree with this. it wont stop activists from trying to ban lead in bullets to try and increase prices on people who shoot because they are anti gun though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                  Lead for upland game birds and small game animals will still be legal as well. Just not migratory birds.
                  Except dove!

BRING BACK THE LEAD!

Comment

I was an avid waterfowl hunter, often only missing one or two days of the seasons starting with the Teal season in September... when steel shot was mandated I stopped hunting waterfowl.... I refuse to wound more birds than I kill, and that is the end result with steel shot...

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      I see duck and geese eating in fields when not 2-3 months earlier we were hunting doves in it. This is all bogus crapola and nothing but polotics rather than sound science.
                      One issue we brought up to the feds and they didn't want to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                        Completely different. Duck pick up small rocks when they feed (including lead shot), which causes them to get lead poisoning and die.
                        +1

Ducks are almost always hunted directly over tanks and lakes, where fish, birds and other animals can consume the shot. Dove fields are more spread out, and there aren't as many animals that will eat shot pellets.

Comment

Human lead poisoning is not an issue as lead fishing weights have been used for decades with no ill effects. There really are no reliable studies that show a direct correlation between lead poisoning casualties (even in California) and lead shot. It's purely political and just another case of liberals being hypocrites. They said they wanted to prevent bird deaths from lead poisoning, but more birds are wounded and die from steel shot than were ever even potentially at risk from lead shot. That's why it has nothing to do with the birds and everything to do with stopping hunting all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Archer View Post
                            Human lead poisoning is not an issue as lead fishing weights have been used for decades with no ill effects. There really are no reliable studies that show a direct correlation between lead poisoning casualties (even in California) and lead shot. It's purely political and just another case of liberals being hypocrites. They said they wanted to prevent bird deaths from lead poisoning, but more birds are wounded and die from steel shot than were ever even potentially at risk from lead shot. That's why it has nothing to do with the birds and everything to do with stopping hunting all together.
                            Exactly

Comment

It's kind of a pointless debate since it won't pass and the President wouldn't sign it into law. What's the point in playing the "what if" game? IF Republicans take over the Congress and the White House, we'll see brand new and BETTER legislation on these matters anyway; so, this bill is nothing more than a symbolic gesture (and waste of time and taxpayer money) to try and garner votes.

Comment

Is there a study that has been done to confirm that more birds are wounded and die later from steel shot than lead shot?

Without valid studies done with results for either, neither side has any real substance to the argument. I seriously doubt the lead shot ban will be repealed, nor do I think lead in rifle bullets will be banned outside of California.

Comment

Working...
                                X