New Ribbit lake Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
    Nice Brandon. You think there are bigger? Is that the lake you and Flinger buried my boat in? LOL Looking forward to see what the new Trol Motor will do. Again nice fish.
    Roy there may be a few bigger. These are 4 yr old fish and I’m guessing the original stocking. My guess it will probably be this fall or next spring before bust the 12lb mark. Need to remove 300-400 bass 16” or smaller this yr. And yep same lake we buried your boat trailer in mud.

Comment

Very nice fish and really cool in four years. What conditions does that strain require? A good friend of mine re-did a pond a three years ago and it has a bunch of 4-5 pound bass in it, now. It’s good sized but not too deep, probably 8-9 feet max. I wonder if that matters?

Comment

where you buy the Floridas?

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Very nice fish and really cool in four years. What conditions does that strain require? A good friend of mine re-did a pond a three years ago and it has a bunch of 4-5 pound bass in it, now. It’s good sized but not too deep, probably 8-9 feet max. I wonder if that matters?
          Our lake is 15 acres and 40ft at deepest. We let baitfish spawn for three yrs before stocking with Camelot’s, which are a genetically superior Florida genetics. We also have been putting approx 10k threadfin shad every spring. This yr we will add gizzards. Our threadfins are spawning and thriving. Starting last yr we remove 300-350 bass 14” or smaller. This yr will bump it up to 16”.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
            where you buy the Floridas?
            Overton Fisheries. They are now named Lone Star Legacy’s

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Our lake is 15 acres and 40ft at deepest. We let baitfish spawn for three yrs before stocking with Camelot’s, which are a genetically superior Florida genetics. We also have been putting approx 10k threadfin shad every spring. This yr we will add gizzards. Our threadfins are spawning and thriving. Starting last yr we remove 300-350 bass 14” or smaller. This yr will bump it up to 16”.
              Do you get your threadfin shad from Todd too?

You need to put this on the Pond mgmt thread. Those fish had a heck of a good start with all that bait they had in there. Wow.

Comment

spring fed, run off, or well? Any issues with algae or hydrilla? Assume you have protein feeders going?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Nice, I’m sure the baitfish make a big difference. He put a bunch of bream in it when he filled it up & waited a bit to stock the bass. Its a 40 acre pond but we weren’t sure it was big enough for shad. Sounds like it might be worth a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                    spring fed, run off, or well? Any issues with algae or hydrilla? Assume you have protein feeders going?
                    This lake is fed by two seasonal creeks, no spring fed. We have a big watershed as well. Algae and Hydrilla is starting to be an issue. Have been issued 15 Tripolaid Carp permits but haven’t stocked. No fish feeders or anything
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 04-07-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Fat Belly congrats

Comment

Working...
                        X