Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet they would scratch and bit the hell out of you.LOL

Comment

Siene Net or landscaping retention plastic, drive and corral them. Then net with a hoop net.

Search rabbit drives on Yootoob.

Would likely be stressful thoug and might cause some issues since you would be moving a rodent that many people consider a pest. This is from the hip, but I seem to remember something about moving jacks from one area or county to another without consent. Sounds crazy, but during the dust bowl and again in the 50's jackrabbits over-ran farms and ranches. It was crazy. Just look up the photos and accounts.

Comment

My lab caught one the other day

Comment

Originally posted by Michael David View Post
          I bet they would scratch and bit the hell out of you.LOL
          No lie about that. I'm sure not trying to handle one of these guys, just figured if I could trap it or something I could keep it in one of my parents big rabbit breeder cages for awhile. Someone on here has to have caught one before... $20 and a 6pack to the first person to bring me a jackrabbit alive

Comment

I learned one time that you have to be pretty hungry to eat one. I also learned that you cannot simply "run one down". Doesn't matter how good of shape you might be in.

Comment

Not many left, try a 22.

Comment

The going rate for them is about $25 each alive.

Comment

Blind them at night then grab it

Comment

The only ones I was ever able to catch were the babies. You have to catch them when they still have a large white spot on top of their head. Once that starts to shrink, they are getting old enough to not be clumsy and slow anymore.

I'd see them running in front of the tractor every time I plowed. Sometimes I'd just get out and chase them into the already plowed ground. Rabbits are too stupid to figure out that all they have to do is scoot over a little and that big green and yellow monster will quit chasing them. Every now and then I'd chase the little suckers around and around until I could finally dive and catch them in my cap. I'd take one home usually about once a year to try to raise him, but they always died.

Comment

I followed one last week @ night on my 4 wheeler and it still out ran us

Comment

We shoot them in south texas at night under a spot light with bows... Not only are they tough enough to take a broad head and run quite a ways, I can't remember ever getting close than about 10 yards from one before it spooked.... And your lucky to get that close.

Of course maybe ours are just wise from the hunting pressure haha

Comment

Start cutting hay and going in a circle, they will all end up in the middle of the hay patch and you can get them then. Oh wait, there aren't any left where there is grass to cut for hay.

Comment

I have seen my uncle catch one by hand while I held the spotlight. Not sure why he wanted to, but he did.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                              The going rate for them is about $25 each alive.
                              Haha that's where the 6pack comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                Just sprinkle some salt on it's tail and you can reach down and pick it up.
                                I thought that only worked on birds?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X