2017 Trad Shoot Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulvrana View Post
    Thanks Jeff -- I haven't shot a tourney in a while but hope we can shoot a round or two together this year.
    Hey Paul! We do need to meet up and shoot. Haven't heard from you in a while!

Comment

Cherokee Archery Club TBoT 3/25

IBO Trad World shoot Chapmansboro, TN 7/21 - 7/23

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Just found out that Austin Archery Club has scheduled a TBoT shoot for Saturday 7/8.

Bisch
        Do you know if they are going to host the IBO again this year?

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
          Do you know if they are going to host the IBO again this year?

Jason

IBO is not coming back to Austin.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            IBO is not coming back to Austin.

Bisch
            Thanks Bisch, are they not coming to Texas at all?

Comment

I don't think so. That shoot just did not garner the support it needed and deserved to survive, and it's a shame!

Bisch

Comment

Going to a 3D and not shoot?

Doesn't make sense unless you're hurt.

You're only competing again yourself in the end.

Not to mention the "pressure" is the best way to replicate the pressure felt when hunting. I realize its totally different but what else is there?

It's helped my shooting a ton

Comment

I have a few questions for you guys that have been to the Chester shoot before. I've taken off and I'm planning to shoot. How does the California start work? Do you have to be there at a certain time? Or do they just work groups through throughout the day? My class would be the recurve open I guess since I shoot carbon arrows. Do you shoot both days? Or just one?

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                    I have a few questions for you guys that have been to the Chester shoot before. I've taken off and I'm planning to shoot. How does the California start work? Do you have to be there at a certain time? Or do they just work groups through throughout the day? My class would be the recurve open I guess since I shoot carbon arrows. Do you shoot both days? Or just one?
                    California start just means you can walk up and start anytime between two given times. At Chester, the registration boot will open at 8am on Sat. You can start anytime after that, pretty much all day. Again, the registration booth will open at 8am on Sun, but you have to start your last round in time to be finished and have your scorecard turned in by 2:00pm (I think it's 2 anyway). The times will be posted at the shot,

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch!! How many arrows do you normally take?

Comment

How many can you afford to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          How many can you afford to lose?
                          That's the question of the day!!

Comment

When I shot 3d with my compound I took six. Only got below 4 a couple times.

Gary

Comment

Most misses are fairly easy to find. We use a blower to clear the leaf clutter immediately behind the targets which helps. Often someone in a following group will find one you lost and turn it in. On the rare occasion I lose one it is usually because I shoot a little high and the arrow glances off the target's back then launches into the next county.

Comment

I normally take 6. Just because if I lose a couple, I don't start second guessing all my shots.

The most I have lost is 3, but I expect to lose 1 in a round of 30. But I have lost none. It really depends on the course setup. (Tall grass, leaves, etc.)

In my experience, the guys shooting woods fare the worse. Seen plenty of broken shafts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X