Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post
    Never tried the powder. I don't think it could compare to the liquid smell of Pig Out. But if you do let me know how it works.
    I will let ya know. Won't be till Aug, since Iraq has me till the end of June. Can't wait to do some hunting..

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
      I will let ya know. Won't be till Aug, since Iraq has me till the end of June. Can't wait to do some hunting..
      Sour corn, that's what I say.

Comment

I'm gonna try the pig out, but i am gonna try it another way i seen on here (i think). hang it from a branch, and poke a few small holes in the bottom just so it drips out.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
          Sour corn, that's what I say.
          how well does sour corn come out of a hog pipe? I keep thinking about doing that, but don't want it to get stuck, and I don't want to make the holes to big.

Comment

how well does sour corn come out of a hog pipe? I keep thinking about doing that, but don't want it to get stuck, and I don't want to make the holes to big.
            Beats me, never tried it. I just take a jug of it along and spread it around and pour some of it as high on the bushes as I can get it.

I'm not a big fan of hog pipes on Hood. Been there, done that. They are big cattle attractors and the cattle get most of the corn out of them. If you're feeding corn you either need to get your feeder high enough so the cattle can't get to it or fence it in. Then you've got the coons to deal with.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Didn't think about the beef on Hood.

Comment

I'm gonna try the pig out, but i am gonna try it another way i seen on here (i think). hang it from a branch, and poke a few small holes in the bottom just so it drips out.
                Sounds like it would work. Just tie it high so the cows don't get it. I may just try that with the little I have left in it.

Comment

Taking the night off and going to watch the Rangers game. They're off to a good start in their title defense, having put the whuppin on the Red Sox the first three games. Baseball is a great training device for sitting in a pig/deer stand. A lot of sitting and waiting on a few seconds of excitement. Of course you do have the benefit of enjoying a cold Lone Star or two while your waiting.

Comment

Taking the night off and going to watch the Rangers game. They're off to a good start in their title defense, having put the whuppin on the Red Sox the first three games. Baseball is a great training device for sitting in a pig/deer stand. A lot of sitting and waiting on a few seconds of excitement. Of course you do have the benefit of enjoying a cold Lone Star or two while your waiting.
                    Have a good time.

Comment

Have a good time.
                      Thanks.

Lone Star and baseball don't get much better when you're old and slow. Most guys like Nascar, but it's too fast for old farts. I lost interest about 1975 or so. They're supposed to be stock cars, and their ain{t nothin stock about them.

Comment

Thanks.

Lone Star and baseball don't get much better when you're old and slow. Most guys like Nascar, but it's too fast for old farts. I lost interest about 1975 or so. They're supposed to be stock cars, and their ain{t nothin stock about them.
                        This is true.

Comment

Sounds like it would work. Just tie it high so the cows don't get it. I may just try that with the little I have left in it.
                          Only bad thing, you have to leave it out. but with small enough holes, it should last a few days. Plus throw a little corn with it, should work pretty good.

If you try it, post up how it worked out.

Comment

range

The range is now open...Just wanted to get the info out too you all

Comment

Only bad thing, you have to leave it out. but with small enough holes, it should last a few days. Plus throw a little corn with it, should work pretty good.

If you try it, post up how it worked out.
                              Well I put it to the test. Went out today and Hung it high in the tree. Poked one small hole that drips about once a minute. Thinking it will drip faster when its in the sun and the heat puts pressure in it. No hogs on camera so if it works they should be there in a day or two. Also put a couple rocks under the drip so it doesn't just soak up in the dirt.

Comment

Well I put it to the test. Went out today and Hung it high in the tree. Poked one small hole that drips about once a minute. Thinking it will drip faster when its in the sun and the heat puts pressure in it. No hogs on camera so if it works they should be there in a day or two. Also put a couple rocks under the drip so it doesn't just soak up in the dirt.
                                Good luck. Let us know how if it produces anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X