This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Not one punctuation in all those words! How in the hell can you do that?
    Even I'm not that bad

Comment

I guess he has his answer now. hmmm

Comment

I hope they make a sequel to The Theory of Everything to complete the story. That was such a good movie!

Well, I am thankful that God sent Stephen Hawking into the world. He inspired a lot of people, made physics and cosmology popular, and made significant contributions to his field. He was an interesting character.

As far as his belief in God, I haven't read everything he ever wrote, but I did read The Grand Design where he and Leonard Mlodinow explicitly addressed the question of God's existence. They never denied the existence of God in that book. All they said was that God's existence is unnecessary to explain the origin of the universe. That claim is more modest than the claim that God doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy moss View Post
          Lots of smart people don’t have any common sense I read we’re he says that humans need to leave earth in the next 200 years to survive colonize in space somewhere like what the moon mars Venus that sure is a far stretch for even a proclaimed genius kind of like Al Gore said we were going to burn up 20 years ago because of global warming these people get stuff this crap in there heads and run with who hears on this site really thinks that we will colonize on other planets
          Huh?
          Could you say all that again please? Possibly in a manner that makes any sense at all?

Bob Lee

Comment

Ive set up a gopunctuateme account to aid in the purchase of a new keyboard for tracy moss.

Help a brother out..give what you can.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
              I hope they make a sequel to The Theory of Everything to complete the story. That was such a good movie!

Well, I am thankful that God sent Stephen Hawking into the world. He inspired a lot of people, made physics and cosmology popular, and made significant contributions to his field. He was an interesting character.

As far as his belief in God, I haven't read everything he ever wrote, but I did read The Grand Design where he and Leonard Mlodinow explicitly addressed the question of God's existence. They never denied the existence of God in that book. All they said was that God's existence is unnecessary to explain the origin of the universe. That claim is more modest than the claim that God doesn't exist.
              He did say there was no God but that does not matter to me. He was absolutely created by God if for one purpose, his intellect. He did do good things for science and the promotion there of. Maybe he didn't believe in God because of his condition. Maybe it was that God is a simple answer and simple dosent go over well with brilliant minds.
              If he just gave it a few seconds of thought he Might well have realized his life of 50+ years with a fatal affliction that killed 90+% of people inside 5 years was the work of God.
              In any case we will never know

Comment

say hello to crowley darwin blavatsky and the other really smart people.

Comment

I realize he was intellectually superior and studied stuff most of us can never comprehend but other than some funny stuff on BBT I'm not sure he contributed anything meaningful to the average human life. I guess black holes and dark matter are interesting to some but they really don't affect life as we live it. Clue me in if I missed his significant impact?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread is typical science thread on TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                      Yup. Leave it to TBH to stir something out of nothing.
                      Ha! I see what you did there!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                        This thread is typical science thread on TBH.

You guys are too serious. Here’s the real question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

His death is a loss for the scientific community for sure. I've read some of his work and enjoyed it for the fact that it was way over my head. It takes a serious mind to do what he did. The fact that he wrote books with his limited abilities, was Knighted and is to date one of the most recognizable names in science is simply amazing. As far as his belief regarding a benign deity.... well that's his prerogative. Not to stab and Christians but folks there are something like 5,000 recognized major "Gods" on the planet. Each sect believes that his or her "God" is the "One True God" and all others are "false Gods". Let it go...... Believe what you want but don't press it on others.

RIP Sir Hawking, you are an amazing individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                            You guys are too serious. Here’s the real question?

Here’s his last words.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y&sns=em"]Microsoft Windows XP Shutdown Sound - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                              Fuel for the fires of Hell and now “we” have to deal with his carbon footprint clogging our air.
                              I have no Idea who you are, but luckily I doubt you are going to be around long enough for it to be important enough to find out.

Where you go away forever, it will be cold.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
                                I guess he has his answer now. hmmm
                                Not if he was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X