NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    I agree with the article. I find it quite duplicitous of Cabela's to profit from the product yesterday and agree with it being strongly regulated today. I would have respected their decision if they quietly chose to no longer sell the product. So, why the theatrics? They are trying to head off a leftist uprising by customers (and non-customers) who purchase items other than guns and accessories. They don't want picket lines outside their stores.

That mind set doesn't hold water. I doubt they would discontinue the sale of hatchets if someone hacked to death a dozen people with one. I wonder how many people are stabbed each year using knives similar to those sold at Cabela's. I bet they don't stop selling knives anytime soon either. Given, 1700+ people a year are murdered with knives, that decision would make more sense. It's a do-nothing move for optics alone.

Bunch of **** hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For whatever it is worth:
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLoIorYguU"]Republican Turncoats Introduce Anti-Gun Law! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post

That would be the slippery slope many of us referred to. To those willing to surrender a portion of their 2nd Amendment Rights....be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Watch the video.

Comment

?

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
          Do you believe the internet should be censored and violent movies/video games banned? They are definitely not a, "need."
          Chase This, that was a question for you. No name calling, no bashing, not an attack. Just a simple question.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
            Chase This, that was a question for you. No name calling, no bashing, not an attack. Just a simple question.
            Holler at me when video games are used for mass murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              You failed to answer the man's question.

Comment

My answer is no. Thanks.

Comment

Are y'all boycotting Cabelas now?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                    Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.

Preach it brother Preach it. AMEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.

Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone

The problem with the “backbone” comment, they may have feelings going in, but it changes real quick with lobbyists. What other job can you get making 150k a year, and end up a multimillionaire. They didn’t become filthy rich for our best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

So vehicles, fertilizer, knives, handguns, airplanes, matches, gasoline etc. Should all be banned. Man this new world is gonna suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          So vehicles, fertilizer, knives, handguns, airplanes, matches, gasoline etc. Should all be banned. Man this new world is gonna suck.

That's gonna go unanswered....

Comment

Well, it is low hanging fruit and that's what they are going for. The sacrificial lamb of sorts.

I find it surprising that the Binary Trigger hasn't been mentioned by gun opposition. It is far more effective at creating a "faux automatic", and far more manageable than the bump fire bucking horse modified gun.

The fact is that the majority of firearms deaths are suicide, followed by gang killings, followed by law enforcement killings... How in the heck can the government fix that? They can't. The government cannot protect us from anything in reality. That is the cold, hard truth. Guns laws won't do it. Police can't do it (and I support our law enforcement whole heartedly). Only we can try to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

Vehicles are needed for the world to work. Fertilizer, hasn't happened since OK and you can't legally build a bomb like you can buy 30 ARs. Knives, handguns, matches, gasoline ain't taking down 58 and wounding 400.

Comment

1700+ murders in America are committed annually using knives.

In OKC, fertilizer was used to kill 168 people and injure/wound 680+ more. One minute they were there and the next....pssssssssssssssst BOOM.

I demand action! Waaaaait a minute....I forgot, facts don't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X