No announcement yet.

Giant Lampasas Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lousy ending for such an awesome buck.

Comment

Great deer. Its a shame it ended that way.

Comment

That sucks, I thought that deer's picture has been posted somewhere as well. Looks very familiar.

Comment

Whoa!!!

Comment

wonder if GW scored the deer. Would love to hear an actual number

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Originally posted by Centraltexan View Post

Here is the only pic I have of him. Beautiful deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Is this picture from last year? his left beam does not match

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                  Is this picture from last year? his left beam does not match
                  Matches perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Matches perfectly
                    ^ What he said, it does match.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      Meat most likely all jello! I tried to cut one up that was run over in Virginia when I was on the Navy base....head to bumper is good meat. Bumper to body equals jello meat. Lol...I'm sure the wardens will mount that toad for sure. Most other states law enforcement allows people to take deer or other animals like elk and other deer types if they hit them by accident...have special tags for...I guess they think if Texas allowed that all the high school boys would be road hunting with their vehicles. Literally
                      They can give you a tag for a road kill deer here in Texas, I've gotten one. I hunt neighborhood deer most of the time. Just after I crawled up in the stand, one of the neighbors leaves for works and hits a deer. They stop for a minute, then keep on rolling. Come about 8:30, I'm just getting ready to climb down, and someone else drives by, slams on the brakes, backs up and 3 guys pile out of the truck. They start looking around, and one sees me up in the tree. Waves, they all get back in the truck and go on about their business. I get down, and walk over and there is a little basket 7 point in the ditch with it's back broken, but still very much alive. Being that it was an illegal buck due to antler restrictions, I called the local warden (who also happened to live in the same subdivision). Told him the story, and he asks if I can humanely and safely dispatch it. Bang! Dead deer. He told me to hang tight for a few minutes and he would come tag it for me. Only lost a few inches of backstrap to the injury. He ate good.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic of him in velvet, that's awesome to see!

If anyone has any history of the buck, that would be neat to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          wonder if GW scored the deer. Would love to hear an actual number
                          I was wondering the same thing, maybe I can call the GW office?

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            Heck of a deer. I got friends that hunt the Hopper ranch, the sign says Lord Jesus on the gate.. Was it close to that?
                            Man, to be honest I didn't pay attention to any of the ranch signs around there.
                            Wish I had a better location to share.

Comment

Originally posted by byler11 View Post
                              Did the game warden happen to be Shawn bayless?
                              Never actually met the GW, the police and Sheriffs department were waiting on him to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                                That is a great looking buck!
                                "I came up with around 175 total, 16 scorable points. 86 up, 76 down, 18 wide." Those numbers add up to 180.
                                Yes sir, that was my best guess but I didn't have tape on me. Would love to hear other estimates. Buck of a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X