Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had your debit card hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hacked a few years ago, someone paid their cable and electric bill with my card. I tried to get the cable and electric company to tell me who it was and they said no they couldn't. They said it was turned over to police, never heard another thing about it.

Comment

Nothing to do with your phone. Ever been to a target, home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Neiman Marcus, UPS, Goodwill, P.F. Chang's, Sally's Beauty Supply, Michaels, Wendy's? Or many of the other thousands of companies that get hacked.

I always use a credit card for purchases. That way it's never my money that is stolen(yes I know most debits accounts have fraud protection but the money they steal is yours and it's gone until the back puts it back)

Comment

Well...........

Got the first PITA account hacking resolved. Bank was really good and understanding, buuuuuuut, found out Monday that now they got my card!

So back to the bank I went. $785 .98 this time. Then, to top it all off, my wife gets a call yesterday at work from the bank notifying her of some questionable transactions. Yep, they got her AGAIN!!!!

So, I just pulled out some cash to live on for the next few weeks, and seriously considering going old school and using cash only from now on. I am beyond frustrated at this point. 3 times in less than 2 months. Bad thing is we have many of our bills auto drafted just for the convenience. Guess it's not worth it.

Crazy thing about this whole deal is that every one of the transactions was in the Houston and surrounding area. Which is only about an hour south of where we live. Almost seems like it was the same person. Bank said they had probably made a duplicate of our cards and even set up their own pin number.

Anybody ever use Lifelock?

Sorry for the rant, I am just at my wits end with this crap.

Comment

$163 worth of Pizza on mine from the same store for delivery to the same address over a 10 day period. Bank nor cops would not tell me the address of the perps but did say they would not be eating any pizza for a very long time.
          Bank refunded my account within 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by JBizkit View Post
            Well...........

Got the first PITA account hacking resolved. Bank was really good and understanding, buuuuuuut, found out Monday that now they got my card!

So back to the bank I went. $785 .98 this time. Then, to top it all off, my wife gets a call yesterday at work from the bank notifying her of some questionable transactions. Yep, they got her AGAIN!!!!

So, I just pulled out some cash to live on for the next few weeks, and seriously considering going old school and using cash only from now on. I am beyond frustrated at this point. 3 times in less than 2 months. Bad thing is we have many of our bills auto drafted just for the convenience. Guess it's not worth it.

Crazy thing about this whole deal is that every one of the transactions was in the Houston and surrounding area. Which is only about an hour south of where we live. Almost seems like it was the same person. Bank said they had probably made a duplicate of our cards and even set up their own pin number.

Anybody ever use Lifelock?

Sorry for the rant, I am just at my wits end with this crap.
            Did the bank not issue new debit cards with new numbers? Been hacked once and got a new card with different number on card. Also my bank had me come in and get a new debit card yesterday because they felt my card was compromised from Sonic getting hacked. I would just love 10 minutes alone with a hacker.

Comment

Back in April I had mine get hacked but bank declined charges and cancelled the card. Glad they did but they could have called me and let me know. 3 days after it got canceled (according to bank) I was on my way to work and filled up the truck and got nessary items for a month at work, no problems. Get to work and try to pay the power bill, it wouldn't work. Thought maybe the issue was our crappy internet offshore, most of the time the security part of banking stuff will timeout if it takes to long to complete a transaction or logging in and wont work. Tried a couple more times to no avail. Called the wife and had her try from home with my card, still no joy. She said call the bank and ask them whats going on. Called bank and they told me the card was canceled on a certain day cause someone from Japan was trying to use it. Said thanks but it would have been nice for yall to contact me and let me know. Bank is in Corpus and I live in Houston and work out of LA. Was told I could go to a shared bank in Houston and get cash or a temp card. Proceeded to tell the lady I am offshore out of LA and cant get there and cant get gas to get back there. She said there is a place bout an hr from our LA office I can get cash and they open at 9am. Well that's nice but in a month when I get back on land I will be back around 2-3am, can they open early, of course she said no. Anyways they mailed my card to the house then I had to have my wife mail to me. PIA it was. I got hit for about $1200 for 3-4 charges but the big on was around $800 and they were trying to book a Disney Cruise while I am sitting a an O&G platform in the darn Gulf of Mexico. I get home and the first time I try to purchase something, not 2 minutes later I get a call from the bank asking to verify my last 3 transactions. WTH, yall couldn't have done that when my account originally got messed up? In the past I have tried to make a purchase at a store to have it declined, I call the bank and they pretty much tell me my bad we thought some one else might be trying to use it. They can call me any other time and ask but if it is coming from overseas or out of country they automatically cancel it.

Comment

For those that pay at the pump and use atms watch this video .this is how most people get their card hacked . There’s more videos on it also . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvQ6N5WB3eA

Comment

Got hit last night for $129 bucks, De Jersey Wash & Shine.

Caught it early as a pre authorization and had the bank cancel the card. Bank said they still had to pay MasterCard the $129 bucks even though its being stolen. Then its up to MasterCard to refund, total bs, FUBAR!

Comment

Working...
                  X