Things to do in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Wasn’t there a armed suspect shot by police just a night or so ago in Denton? Bad things happen everyday don’t over think it or be scared. I have never been worried in either location.Plenty of cool things to do it just depends on what you’re looking for. Staying downtown would be a good idea and spend some time in both Dallas and Ft worth would be fun. It’s 30 minutes away as much as the Ft worth guys like to talk. Several good bars and restaurants listed above. Several cool spots on lower Greenville avenue as well. Again it depends on what you’re looking for. Uptown is a bit more uppity but good food, Greenville ave. is a little more low key with good food and bars. My preference personally.
    Yep there was a armed suspect shot just a few miles from my house. Op asked about Dallas not Denton.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      6th floor museum. Dallas Aquarium.
      Both of these. The aquarium/rain forest is incredible.

Comment

NOTE: If you go to Greenville Ave, MAKE SURE YOU PARK IN A LEGAL PARKING AREA!!! You will be towed!
        Lots of places to eat on Beltline Rd in Addison. "Smokes" in Oak Cliff is great.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          NOTE: If you go to Greenville Ave, MAKE SURE YOU PARK IN A LEGAL PARKING AREA!!! You will be towed!
          Lots of places to eat on Beltline Rd in Addison. "Smokes" in Oak Cliff is great.
          Wingfields on Beckley has the best burger. Old Fashion style.

Comment

YIKES!!

OK. sounds like I have to make a "What's there to do in FT. Worth" post.

I'll do that tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
              First things first, I would recommend looking at the hotel options ASAP as there is a national cheerleading competition going on this weekend at the convention center so a lot of hotels are booked!
              Just another reason to just skip Dallas and head to Fort Worth instead! Seriously, either stay in Greenville or stay in Fort Worth. Can't imagine someone would CHOOSE to stay in Dallas!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                Yep there was a armed suspect shot just a few miles from my house. Op asked about Dallas not Denton.
                Guess I misunderstood you’re response then. I would take my wife and daughter to Bishop Arts, downtown Denton or Deep Ellum. Hell I think Chicago is a cool city for that matter. Plenty of cool things to do in Dallas and Ft worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerkat View Post
                  I'll be in Dallas 23-24th and I'm looking for a couple of things to do with the girlfriend. Places to eat and drink, sites to visit, attractions, etc.

Input is appreciated.
                  Hanks in McKinney has pretty decent bbq and live music. Might work for Thursday night

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                    Just another reason to just skip Dallas and head to Fort Worth instead! Seriously, either stay in Greenville or stay in Fort Worth. Can't imagine someone would CHOOSE to stay in Dallas!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Come on now, Dallas is an amazing city and not any less safe than any other major city in the state. There is certainly a lot more to do in Dallas than little ol' Ft Worth. While Ft. Worth has caught up in the last few years, the food options and night life aren't even comparable.

You can't go wrong with either city but you certainly shouldn't let any of these responses keep you from visiting Dallas for the weekend if that is what you want to do.

Disclaimer: I don't live in Dallas!

Comment

If you like to eat and drink there are tons of great choices. Find a nice hotel and use Uber to get around. Try Uptown or lower Greenville Ave.

Comment

Leave Dallas and go anywhere.

Comment

My two recommendations have already been posted. The truckyard for drinks,a killer Philly cheesesteak, and awesome atmossphere. Second, Dallas Stars games are a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Campisi's, Blue Goose, Jake's.

Baby Dolls.

Ft. Worth sucks. LOL. The red headed stepchild.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Campisi's, Blue Goose, Jake's.

Baby Dolls.

Ft. Worth sucks. LOL. The red headed stepchild.
                              You know ive never tried Campisis. The original on mockingbird is supposed to be the best.

Comment

Trinity grove area- good eats
                                Bishop arts district- Good bars and shops
                                Uptown- good bars and food.

Comment

Working...
                                X