Fish are bitin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish are bitin

Made a new batch of my catfish cocaine and went up to my brother's house at Lake Kiowa to test it out. For sure them kitty cats get hooked on it.
    They bit like crazy this am after the storms rolled thru. Got 2 one gallon bags of fillets from this mess. All these rains and muddy water have them spawning up in the weeds in 2 FOW most places around here. Caught and released a lot of little male fish.
    Attached Files

Nice!!!!
    Care to share your cocaine recipe? [emoji850]

Comment

Well done!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s some fine eating right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Nice!!!!
          Care to share your cocaine recipe? [emoji850]
          Lots of Garlic, bacon grease, cheese, with enough flour and cornmeal to hold it all together. It's actually edible in an emergency. The grease makes a slick in the water as it melts away that carries the scent that catfish follow. The grease also helps water proof it so it doesn't melt away too fast. Catfish like garlic. Other fish and turtles don't bother it much. I use #6 and #4 treble under a slip cork in shallow water.

Comment

Well done sir

Comment

Man those are just the right size. I’da been tempted to skin a few and have some whole fried catfish. One of my fondest memories with my grandpa back in the day was catching 1-2lb catfish and skinning them and having a big fish fry. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Lots of Garlic, bacon grease, cheese, with enough flour and cornmeal to hold it all together. It's actually edible in an emergency. The grease makes a slick in the water as it melts away that carries the scent that catfish follow. The grease also helps water proof it so it doesn't melt away too fast. Catfish like garlic. Other fish and turtles don't bother it much. I use #6 and #4 treble under a slip cork in shallow water.

Thanks!!!
                Going to try it soon. Been looking for something the turtles don’t bother

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Thanks for sharing. Did you bait any holes or just the dough bait?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    Thanks for sharing. Did you bait any holes or just the dough bait?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    I like to bait the day before with 20% cattle cubes and soured milo or wheat.
                    It's better if you can bait a hole or two for 3 to 4 days prior. Catfish are like just little democrats. Put out enough free stuff and they will swarm it and camp out there. 20% protein is better because it sink all the way to bottom and then melts. It brings in a lot of bait fish that in turn attract big fish.
                    This trip I didn't have the time to bait beforehand so I just threw out some soured grain and started fishing. Took all of a minute to get the first bite.
                    Cattle cubes in a mesh laundry bag will last a day or two and keep them in the area. Don't let anybody see you put the bag out or they will be sitting there the next time you go to your hole.

Comment

Now is the prime time for channel cats. They are stacked along rip rap 2 to 5 ft deep, and any place shallow where there is grass or thick structure they can spawn in. Creeks feeding lakes are the best if the water level is high and backed out into the weeds or brush.

Comment

Just add hot grease

Comment

I didn't realize channel cat's spawn this late in the year. Learn something new.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Nice mess of fish!

Comment

Ever tried the Zote soap? Higher fatty acid content than regular soap. Blues go crazy over it. Freeze it & cut into cubes & bait those hooks. It won’t soften & fall off as fast if chilled

Comment

Working...
                              X