No announcement yet.

Pickled Jalapeños... anyone know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stuff my whole jalapenos in a jar with a couple peeled cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt. Boil some vinegar and pour in jar. Seal it and wait about a week. They come out with a little bit of crunch still and I love em.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Dang man, you gonna have to fence off that feeder. The deer aint getting nuthin from that deal.
      No kidding! 10 years of owning this land and for the first eight hogs were very uncommon! One the corn runs out here in about a month we’re going to stop feeding .... until then we plan on whittling them down with a little evening hunts . We killed the sow so I’m confident the little footballs are going to continue to return

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        I stuff my whole jalapenos in a jar with a couple peeled cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt. Boil some vinegar and pour in jar. Seal it and wait about a week. They come out with a little bit of crunch still and I love em.
        This here^^^^

Comment

I tried doing this a few years ago. The jalapeño came out soggy. Don’t know what I did wrong and been afraid to try again.

Comment

PM me - I have a good recipe. I’m out of town and will forget to post it up here.

Comment

Just made a sample batch from the recipe antler collector posted last night thanks again man ! I’ll try others as the peppers mature . My only question and I guess I’ll find out is if I should put them in the refrigerator why they’re still warm or should I let them seek room temperature before putting them in the fridge. I’m also wondering about the lead should it remain off why it cools down ?

I added extra garlic and some carrots but have to carry out these aren’t homegrown .... only the jalapeños came from my garden .

Click image for larger version

Name:	C9E6E2E9-F699-4AC1-89F4-DC18691669B4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	24539556

Comment

Working...
              X